Hawaii - Beach front condos in Maui

Jan 21st, 2005, 04:37 PM
Original Poster

Hawaii - Beach front condos in Maui

2 couples visiting Maui. Looking at 2 bedroom condos. Maui Revealed steered away from certain beaches. Looking at Grand Champions w/ocean view or Mana Kai resort condo or Puamana condo ocean front - need help!! Can't decide on best area of Maui to stay. Help!!!!!
Jan 21st, 2005, 05:23 PM

We love the Polo Beach Club, next to the Kea Lani, on Makena Beach. Been there twice, and returning this June. Any specific questions? Don't hesitate to ask.
Jan 22nd, 2005, 07:11 AM

What beaches did Maui Revealed steer you away from and what beaches did they recommend?
Jan 22nd, 2005, 07:44 AM

We stayed at Makena Surf , just past Wailea, and absolutely loved it. Great beach, two pools, tennis courts, even a help yourself herb garden. You get discounted rates at Makena Surf golf courses too. Cheers, Al
Jan 22nd, 2005, 07:54 AM

We, too, LOVE the Polo Beach Club! We're returning in May! It's the best with its private beach and great view!
I highly recommend it!
Jan 22nd, 2005, 10:20 AM

We stayed at the Grand Champions in November 2004. The location is excellent for exploring all of the beaches in the Wailea area. It is also a very good value, but it is not beachfront. You will be a few minutes drive from many lovely beaches. We split our time on Maui between Napili and Wailea. We spend more time in Wailea since the weather is almost always nice. We will stay at Grand Champions when we return.
Jan 22nd, 2005, 11:02 AM

We have been to Maui twice, we thought about Pumana, but was warned against it. An rightfuly so, we drove thru it on our last vist, and were glad we did not rent there. Unswimmable beaches, also on other reports I have read, there were several breakins there recently. On our last visit, we stayed at Napili Kai Beach Resort. You can't do better than this. Right on a beautiful part of the beach. Everyone are return guests, most have been coming there for years, everyone knew each other. A wonderful resturant with unforgetable sunset views everynight. Walk out of your condo and sit on chairs which are provided at no charge. Also, no charge for parking. We stayed in H Bldg, which is an oceanfront. They have a special 5th night free. We had a studio unit. We had split our time to spend night at three different locations on the island, big mistake on our part, we didn't want to leave Napili. We stayed in the upcounty, it was very nice, but nothing compared to Napili. There are also a couple of great take out locations very close, and a local fresh fish market, which we were told about. We brough it home and prepared it and had dinner on our balcony. You also have to go the Maui Swap Meet. Only open on Saturday, have to get there early. You won't beleive the fresh fruit and produce brought in by the local farmers. as well as hand made gifts made by the locals. A fraction of the cost as you find in the shops. Hope I have given you some insite. Nancy
Jan 23rd, 2005, 08:33 AM

Napili Bay properties (not sure how many have 2/2). Maui Kai, Mahana, Kaanapali Beach properties (Whaler etc) in west Maui. Others will know south Maui better than I.
You can see aerial photos at www.wizardpub.com
Jan 25th, 2005, 11:25 AM

If you want direct beachfront with a lanai close to the water, I highly recommend the Makena Surf. The "E" or "F" buildings are the best in my opinion. Their complex is low rise (3 stories) as compared to the Polo Beach Club which has more stories (9 or 10?). Makena Surf has a bigger beach as well. One of their 2 bed/2bath condos would be very comfortable for the 4 of you. We go every summer and absolutely love it! If you need additional info, just let me know.