Hauula - Oahu

Old Oct 6th, 2019, 06:52 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hauula - Oahu

My husband and I are heading to Hawaii in January for a nine-day getaway. We've been to Maui and the Big Island - thought it would be nice to explore Oahu, but we don't want to be in the thick of the tourist area. I found a (legal) condo in Hauula, right on the beach, and we have put down a refundable deposit. The place looks very nice, and the grounds of the complex also look good, with a pool. The condo has a wonderful view of the ocean, and the beach appears lovely. We like to walk and to explore beaches, trails, and parks - and we will have a car.

My question is - are we going to be so rural that we won't have much to do? We are not looking for glitz, but an occasional nice dinner out would be welcome. I think we're about an hour away from Honolulu, and will likely drive in at least once for a day to see some of the sights.

Anyone familiar with Hauula? Places we can drive to? Advice? Thanks in advance.
Old Oct 6th, 2019, 07:32 AM

Received 50 Likes on 7 Posts
You are practically next door to the Polynesian Cultural Center (some would say that's a good thing - some a bad thing . . . I enjoy it myself). Its only maybe 2.5 miles. And the WONDERFUL Ahupuaʻa ʻO Kahana State Park is about 5 miles away. There are lots of places to eat in Laie -- can't actually recommend any specifically since its been 6+ years since I've been and things can change.