Search

Haunted Hotels

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13th, 2006, 03:16 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haunted Hotels

Since Halloween is just around the corner, here's a list of the top Ten Haunted Hotels.

http://www.americasbestonline.net/Hauntedhotels.htm

Please post your favorite haunted hotel or inn.
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 06:02 AM

Fun post. I've never stayed in any "haunted" hotels, but I've sure stayed in some scarey ones!
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 06:08 AM

Wow, nothing from Charleston or Savannah?! I have not stayed at any but DH is a huge ghost walk tour freak and we have heard plenty of stories.

LOL, NP! Could be a new list...
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 06:11 AM
Tess

DH and I have stayed at the Stanley. Beautiful hotel but both of us found the ballroom extremely creepy. I also got lost wandering around an upstairs hallway looking for ice--kept expected the kid on the big wheel to come zipping around the corner. When i got back to the room, Mr. Practical Joker Tess jumped out of the walk in closet and yelled 'boo!' There went the ice. Neither of us slept well that night.

I haven't stayed overnight at the Queen Mary but spent half a day touring the ship a couple years ago. The free access that tourists have to wander around is amazing. Being a history nerd, I was in seventh heaven. After a couple of hours of being a good sport, my husband got bored and went on the submarine tour next door. So, by myself, I got lost in the VERY VERY bowels of the ship. Absolutely no one was down there and there I was in the engine room. I could have sworn 'someone' was there with me--at one point I was literally running around looking for an exit like a big dork. By the time I got out of the maze, I was sweating and my heart was pounding--time for a drink in the Queen Mary's wonderful art deco lounge...

Old Oct 13th, 2006, 06:53 AM

I too am surprised no Savannah or Charleston hotels were included in the list. We just stayed at the Ballastone in Savannah (and loved it). There are two ghosts, Annie and the General, who have been sighted here.
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 06:58 AM

Kansas has a haunted town: http://www.kansastravel.org/atchisontrolleytour.htm

Keith
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 08:05 AM
TahitiTams

Hotel Del Coronado is haunted along with the Queen Mary in Long Beach and the Hotel La Posada in Santa Fe..

Old Oct 13th, 2006, 09:53 AM
nlg

We have been to the Stanley Hotel in Estes Park-the ghost tour there is fun.
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 09:56 AM

I stayed at a hotel a few months ago in Kansas City (The Raphael) where I heard lots of late night moaning through the walls...It must have been haunted.
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 09:58 AM

That sounds like one of NeoPatrick's scarey hotels...thin walls!
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 12:28 PM

When we took the Historic New Orleans Walking Tours' haunted tour (I highly recommend it!), we were told that the Place D'Armes is the most haunted hotel in New Orleans. And, just now, when I googled it to make sure I had the name right, I followed a link to a story from the Washington Post that said some guests there had come home to find that someone or something had taken pictures of them (with their camera) while they were sleeping!

I'd be too big of a coward to stay there, just in case it is as haunted as they say. Anyone else stayed there?
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 01:02 PM
JJ5

There's an inn in Michigan that was built during the 1860's and had many historic meetings (US Presidents, Native American chiefs, etc.)during the end of that century- that is said to be haunted. Native Americans to this day go there each year for their tribal meeting.

I've stayed there about 5 different times, in the oldest part too, and also in the Cherokee Room- but I've never seen the ghost. But did talk to 3 different people who insist they have.

Mendon Country Inn- used to be the stage house between Chicago and Detroit- 1/2 way point where you slept on the trip by stagecoach.

Ken thought the only scary thing was he didn't fit into the shower. They were built in the early 1900's and people were smaller then.

It's a unique experience. No phones, no tvs-but grand piano serenade and cordon bleu chef/owner's meals in the Puddington Room.
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 01:15 PM

The Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood.
Was waiting for the elevator and happen to glance at a large mirror at the end of the hall. I was the only one standing by the elevator door, however, in the mirror was a very faint image of a blonde women in a white dress standing a few feet behind me. I turned around and nobody there.
Looked at mirror again and women was gone. Being Hollywood, I thought it was a pretty neat illusion and mentioned it to the bellman when he brought up my bag. "Oh, that was Marilyn" he said with a straight face.
Alrighty then....
Old Oct 13th, 2006, 02:12 PM
Tess

Ranger--the salesman in the Roosevelt's gift shop told us to go look in the mirror. He said that sometimes Marilyn shows up but we didn't see anything. Lucky you!

Old Oct 13th, 2006, 02:16 PM
Kal

I stayed at The Menger.
Didn't see or hear anything after I passed out...I mean fell asleep.

The hotel on the other side of The Alamo from The Menger, The Emily Morgan, is also haunted.
The local TV station did a few mins on it while we were staying there.
That was fun.
Old Feb 2nd, 2007, 12:13 PM

Hi,

I'm new to the forum and wondered if I could get some feedback regarding the Roosevelt Hotel Hollywood ,aside from the cool haunting stories!!

I was wondering how well kept the rooms are and what you'd rate the cabana rooms? I have to be in LA for business in June and just booked my hotel (I have to book ahead for this specific event.) and hear stories that it's not well kept. I'm concerned.
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 05:50 PM

I read somewhere that the Ramada Inn in Hollywood Beach, FL is rumored to be haunted. Whether or not the hotel is actually haunted, the Trip Advisor reviews certainly make it sound pretty scary!

Here are excerpts I saved from one of them. The second sentence is one of the best lines I've found in a review.
-----------

This place is hands down the worst hotel I have ever almost stayed in, for any price. And I’ve stayed in a few dumps in my days, most notably cheap hotels in Mexico while in college.
Hoping to save myself from embarrassment and potential legal action from my wife for booking our stay in such a slum, I had my wife and son wait in the car while I checked out the room.
-Dec 12, 2006 ThinAir, Colorado
http://www.tripadvisor.com/ShowUserR...d_Florida.html
Old Feb 3rd, 2007, 06:18 PM

For the heck of it, I'm resurrecting this thread:

http://fodors.com/forums/threadselec...1&tid=34836438

Have fun, aysha!
Old Feb 5th, 2007, 04:53 AM

aysha, welcome to the Forums.

One piece of advise: Posting your question as a new post, with Roosevelt Hotel Hollywood as the subject line, was more likely to result in your question being seen by the people that know the most about the subject.

Keith