Search

hatcher pass lodge?

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2005, 03:14 PM
ljv
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
hatcher pass lodge?

Has anyone ever stayed here during the summer? Comments? WE are also consigering the Motherlode lodge. Any input is helpful. Thanks
Old Nov 13th, 2005, 05:34 PM

I stayed at Hatcher Pass Lodge 9 years ago before I moved here. The cabins are rustic (chemical toilet in the cabins and for running water you go into the lodge). The lodge is my fave place to go around here for meals (good food, cozy chalet, awesome view). To hike or explore, step out of your cabin and you're 20 feet from extraordinary beauty. Berry picking is out of this world in late Aug-Sept., if you happen to be coming up that late. Hatcher Pass Lodge is simple in some respects but not dirty or outdated.
Old Nov 14th, 2005, 10:37 AM
ljv
Original Poster

Thanks akgardengate. If you are Karen from the gg b&b, i'll be seeing you in August, because i've made reservations at the b&b. Figured Hatcher Pass was close enough to explore on a day trip!
Old Jul 9th, 2008, 09:29 AM

I do believe you should realize that " Rustic " is not the word for it. Run down is my word for it.
My daughter was married there and we had nothing but problems with the owner. It was supposed to have been repainted by July, but that didnt happen. It needs completely repainted. The lobby looks nice, but the rooms are VERY VERY rustic.
If you want to stay in a high quality restored lodge, this is NOT the place. And there are no cabins, it is an old hotel and is hot upstairs during summer with no air condtioning. I think a new owner has taken over from 9 years ago and in my opinion, has no regard for anyone or anything but herself.
Old Jul 10th, 2008, 06:43 PM

Yes, the Hatcher Pass Lodge does have rustic cabins also. I have stayed there. The view is to die for.

Perhaps the previous poster's meant the Motherlode Lodge about 3 miles below Hatcher Pass Lodge.