Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Has anyone stayed at San Francisco's Prescott Hotel?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 03:19 PM
Michelle

Looking for any and all comments on this hotel. Thanks.

Old Jan 7th, 2000, 03:22 PM
lola

I stayed there about 10 years ago. It was small, a former seedy hotel now renovated, charming, and downtown, and was attached to a great restaurant with a star chef. It was fun to order room service from this great restaurant. There was a fireplace, wine and cheese, small tasteful rooms. Good deal. But don't know about now.

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 09:24 AM
De

Michelle, My husband & I stayed there 3 years ago and we loved it. The room was clean nice, but not real big. The lobby was beautiful with very friendly staff. I loved the bar and the restaurant. I think you will find this a great place to stay. I would go there again. Have a great time. Dee

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 09:43 AM
et

My husband and I stayed at the Prescott just about four months ago. The location is good. The restaurant is run by Wolfgang Puck and food is upscale. Difficult to get reservations. However,if you are a guest at the hotel that certainly makes a difference. We stayed on the Club Floor which included cocktail hour (full bar and minimal snacks). It also included a decent continental breakfast (fruits, cereral, muffins, toast, coffee, teas and juices). We enjoy this feature wherever we stay. Rooms were very small however, but clean. Staff gracious. Disapointed in size of room and that seemed to bother me other than that I can't really find any real negative. I probably would try another hotel if I were to go again. My husband who travels far more than I thought the hotel was good to very good considering the cost and would go again in a minute. I might mention my husband loves San Francisco. I do not. We had just left the Sonoma Mission Inn Resort and Spa and I was still in that mode. Perhaps I wasn't quite ready for the windy and cold city......do enjoy. Email me directly if you have any other questions.

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 10:41 AM
John

Yes, I did. I stayed at the club level and loved it!

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 01:46 PM
Jim

The Prescott is one of the most overrated hotels in the world. Postrio isn't all that, either. I stayed at the hotel last year and suffered through a week's worth of rude staff, a matchbox-sized room, and inconsistent "nouvelle" (weird) food. There are better places in San Francisco...the new W Hotel is fabulous.

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 01:57 PM
xoxo

Sorry you had a bad experience at a great hotel, but weird peopl often do.
xoxoxox

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 03:20 PM
Jim

Why would someone think I'm weird just because I happen to express an opinion? I travel quite a bit around the world...aren't opinions valued on this board? Obviously, it is not I who is the odd one here, "xoxo." And I stand by what I said...the Prescott is highly overrated. Not a dump by any means, but not worth all the hoopla.

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 04:49 PM
xoxo

So what happened? You tried to pick up the receptionist and she turned you down? Serves you right!

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 06:42 PM
Jim

Yes, I tried to pick up the receptionist and she turned me down. You're obviously too immature for this travel board, xoxo. Let me just say that I had very rude service throughout my stay. I'm glad you enjoy this hotel...I don't. I won't respond to your childish comments again, although I certainly suspect that YOU will do another post. Good day.

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 06:53 PM
Patrick

Have stayed there three or four times always on the club level. Any hotel that passes out free fresh Wolfgang Puck Pizza as appetizers at their complimentary cocktail hour gets at least 5 stars in my book. Yes rooms are small, but not as small as the new W Hotel I understand. One time we were upgraded to a suite by the concierge at the club level, a delightful gal named Beverly Lee (don't know if she's still there), simply because we had just flown in from Hong Kong and looked like death warmed over. She took one look at us and said we looked like we deserved a suite. Nicest staff of any hotel I've ever stayed anywhere.

Old Feb 11th, 2000, 07:00 PM
Lisa

I stayed at the Prescott years ago and don't know how well it has aged but I liked it very much then. I had a very small room but it was very comfortable and well furnished. I agree with Jim about the restaurant. Don't recall the staff being very good or very bad! (ps - Lighten up, folks. Everyone's entitled to their opinion without being called nasty names!)