Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Has anyone came back to US without covid test? (within 90 days of testing positive)

Search

Has anyone came back to US without covid test? (within 90 days of testing positive)

Search this Thread

Old Mar 29th, 2021, 04:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Please help! We are planning to go to Cancun, and won’t need a test on arrival back to US since we tested positive within the last 90 days. Could someone please share their experience if you were in the same situation? Thank you!!!
Old Mar 29th, 2021, 08:17 PM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
Hotels are reportedly offering tests so it would seem the answer is just get one.
Old Mar 30th, 2021, 08:58 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
And hope you don't test positive again. Very low odds of that, but it's entirely possible...

https://www.usatoday.com/story/trave...ts/6982341002/
Old Mar 30th, 2021, 09:42 AM

Received 26 Likes on 4 Posts
The answer may be to get vaccinated as official talk of a "covid passport" will eventually yield a common solution for everyone before too long. Though there's a note of desperation in your "Please help!" I have little sympathy for those who treat not traveling as a life-threatening condition when the real one can be travel itself. We're all chafing at the bit & Cancun will still be there when the solution arrives.
Old Mar 30th, 2021, 11:00 AM

Received 46 Likes on 17 Posts
I would read Jean's link.
I would follow MmePerdu and wait on taking this trip. Not worth the risk of getting stuck in quarantine in MX - for me, anyway.