Reload this Page >

has anyone been to the simpson's house?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2002, 10:01 PM
simpsons fan

looking to see if anyone has gone to the simpson's replica house that was built as an award. i'd love to hear about it.
take care

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 03:01 AM
do'h!

You mean the Simpsons from Springfield?

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 03:02 AM
ooo

Are we talking Homer and Bart or O.J.?

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 04:11 AM
Joanne

I'm pretty sure that the OP was referring to the replica of HOMER Simpson's house that was created as a contest prize. Complete with those garish wall colors and Marge's kitchen curtains with ears of corn printed on them!

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 05:40 AM
DontHaveACowMan

In what state is Marge & Homer's abode?

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 06:28 AM
Joanne

Where else but las Vegas, LOL!

The house is in Henderson, NV in a planned community called . . . Springfield.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 06:39 AM
Meg

xxx, what exactly is gruesome or morbid about this? I think you're misunderstanding.

The contest winner took the house and made it "normal" and it's not open for tours. Unfortunately, I don't think the winner even liked the Simpsons. What a travesty, fellow fan.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 07:39 AM
BTilke

After you're done seeing the replica, come on up to Portland, OR, where the creator of the Simpsons grew up and also see how much of the city has filtered into the show. Walk around the NW 23rd street area and see how many Simpsons characters are named after streets in Portland (some starters: Flanders, Lovejoy, Terwilliger, Burns--Burnside in this case--). Visit the American Advertising Museum in Portland, which was founded there and not in NY due to Matt Groening's father Homer, a major influence in American advertising. Then look at a map of Eugene/Springfield and see how it exactly resembles a map of Springfield/Shelbyville.
BTilke

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 08:00 AM
Meg

Great info, BTilke. Especially interesting about the Advertising museum.
Found more info on the house:
The Simpsons House, 712 Red Bark Lane, is part of Kaufman and Broad's Springfield Community South Valley Ranch. Here's an old site about it with pics and floorplans: http://www.lasvegassun.com/dossier/misc/simpsons/index.html
Another fascinating site:
http://www.irsburger.com/special/house.html

Looks like we'll have to be satisfied with photos.