Harbor Base Pineapple Inn

May 22nd, 2001, 12:42 PM
Barbara Diaz

Harbor Base Pineapple Inn

Anyone stayed at the Harbor Base Pineapple Inn? Your comments, both good and bad, are eagerly sought. Thanks for any assistance!!

May 22nd, 2001, 12:51 PM
Sam

help us out. Where is this place?

May 22nd, 2001, 01:02 PM
Barbara

Sorr -- it's in Newport, RI

May 23rd, 2001, 04:47 AM
Larry

Barbara: I have not stayed at the Harbor Base for many years (20 to be exact) but from living in Newport I can tell you this is a budget motel, along the lines of a "Motel 6". I do think they renovated it recently, so the place might be neat and clean, but pretty spartan. The big drawback, if you are coming to Newport for vacation, is that the Harbor Base is not within walking distance of ANYTHING (well, Ok, I think there is one alehouse/bar within walking distance) but you will have to get in your car, or take a bus, if you want to go downtown, to the beach, or to a restaurant. And in the summer, driving and parking in Newport can be a pain.

May 23rd, 2001, 06:46 AM
Jane

Hi there,

I live in Newport, and the Harbor Place might be cheap, but you can find other things that are better within the same price range. I recommend calling a reservation service - either Newport Rez. or Taylor Made. Both services are free, both inspect their properties, both list about 200 hotels/motels/inns/b&b's. #'s below:
Taylor Made : 848-0300
Newport Rez: 842-0102

Good luck. FYG, the Harbor Base has been renovated, and isn't terrible, it's just a question of bad location and kind of the no-tell mo-tel rep. it's gotten over the years.

Have fun in Newport!
Jane

Search this Thread