Reload this Page >

Hampton inn convention center new orleans

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 07:21 AM
Julie

I will be travelling with my husband in April. We have a booking for the hampton inn convention center at the moment. as my husband will be at a conference for most of the time I was wondering if this would be the best area to be in. Would we be better staying at a hotel nearer to canal street or the Fench quater. Any advice would be appreciated. It will be our first vist and we are travelling from England. We have also looked at the Doubletree
Thank you

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 08:59 AM
Howard

The Hampton Inn at the NO Convention Center is actually a very nice hotel. It'll be convenient for your husband, as it is directly across the street from the center. However, it's not the most convenient to the French Quarter--about a 15-minute walk there.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 08:59 AM
dianne

HI new hotel near the convention Center
Safe and Clean not picturesque-but walking distant to French Quarter and add bonus of breakfast. A better choice would be The Ambassador Hotel closer to French Quarter. In the French Quarter a number of Boutique Hotels- a good choice
world be The Monteleone or the sister hotel The Bienville House both have web
sights. Also, a good website for new orleans in general is NOLA.com

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 01:32 PM
Julie

Thanks for the replies so far,I am beginning to think we may be better off nearer tothe canal St area. Does anyone have any experience or the Marriott or the Sherraton, there seem to be mixed reviews for both.
Thanks

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 03:06 PM
Howard

Both are decent hotels. And, both would be well located for both you and your husband, close enough to both the convention center and the French Quarter.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 06:48 PM
Meg

There is a French Quarter shuttle that runs every 15 minutes from the Quarter, into the Central Business District, past the Convention Center and loops back into the Quarter. Day passes are US$5, I think. The shuttle would be very convenient - but it stops running around 6 p.m. A cab ride would be $5 to $7 to the heart of the Quarter from the Convention Center. Hope you have a great trip.