Hampton Inn

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 03:32 PM
Paula

Hampton Inn

Has anyone stayed or knows of the Hampton Inn on Lee Burbank Hwy, Revere, MA. It is 2 miles from downtown Boston.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 04:21 PM
bm

While it looks to be a new hotel, if your intent is to stay there while touring Boston, it's not in the greatest location. It's located in a very industrial neighborhood, close to Logan Airport.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 04:35 PM
Suzy

I agree, very lousy location. Also, it is at least 4 miles from the nearest edge of Boston. Why did you choose it? Perhaps we can suggest a better alternative.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 07:27 PM
Paul

In the Hilton forum on http://www.flyertalk.com there is a thread with comments/reviews of various Hampton Inns. On the 10th page there is a entry for this property, they liked it.

Old Jun 28th, 2002, 10:00 PM
gail

Revere is a lousy place to stay if you are on vacation. While only a few miles to Boston, it is not an easy trip. The above-mentioned website may like the hotel itself, but the area stinks.

There have been many posts here in recent months about people trying to beat the very high hotel rates in Boston by staying at some outlying hotel. I fear that these hotels are really taking advantage of tourists (if that is what you will be) by listing hotels and citing their proximity to Boston - the mileage may be accurate, but the commute is often tough

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 03:31 AM
DS

I stayed at the Hampton Inn, Revere last month. It's a great hotel.. I would recommend it if you don't mind staying a bit away from boston itself. Their shuttle services to and from the nearest T station (Wood Island) and airport are great (never had to wait more than 10 mins at the T for the shuttle). The hotel has jacuzzi, pool, fitness centre and free continental breakfast. There is no restaurant at the hotel itself, but they will shuttle you to a couple of restaurants (sorry, can't remeber the names) for free.
FYI, train ride:
Wood Island - Downtown (park st) = 20 mins
W.I - Harvard - 30 mins

I found it to be quite convenient since I didn't drive anywhere within the ciy.

hope this helps

Old Jun 29th, 2002, 07:02 PM
Danielle

Paula,
I live in Revere and Hampton Inn is convenient into Boston and airport, but not much else. Better choice would be Sheraton Four Points in Revere, better area. Or in the airport, the Hilton. If you need further info, feel free to email me.