Hampton Bays recommendations?

Old May 8th, 2002, 11:55 AM
Tiamo

Hampton Bays recommendations?

Hello, invited to a party out in Hampton Bays this July. Would love to make a weekend of it. Any recommendations for hotel in the area? We'd prefer to stay in Hampton Bays-nearby where party is. Thanks for your help. We are completely unfamiliar with the area and would appreciate any lodging advice.

Old May 8th, 2002, 12:12 PM
x

Hampton Bay's is the least Hampton like of all the Hamptons. Not to sound like a snob, but it is an "Oasis" for Bridge and Tunnel types who are looking to party. Not everyone is like that, but a good percentage are.

If you don't care about about room quality, are comfortable hanging with big-haired girls from Brooklyn and muscle-bound guys with tatto's and wife beater tee's, then stay at Allen's Acres motel.

If you want something a bit more bucolic, stay in Quoque,WestHampton or Southhampton. The Quoque Inn is nice. Cabs are fairly plentiful and run back and forth all the time.

Not trying to sound like a snob. Just trying to give it to you straight.

Old May 8th, 2002, 02:52 PM
Steph

Agree with x. In addition, be aware that the prices this time of year are very high, probably $200/nt for a place like Allen's Acres and the nicer inns are even more. Also, you might want to start calling places soon, availability might also be limited.

Old May 8th, 2002, 07:50 PM
Tiamo

Kinda what I figured re: Hampton Bays "scene". We just didn't want to drive any distance after a big day of beach and partying!
A fellow party goer just emailed us with some hotels-Hampton Arms, Allen Acres, Bowens by the Bay and Colonial Shores. They are also new to the area. Can anyone comment on above?

Old May 9th, 2002, 11:18 AM
x

You will have to drive to the beach. unless you are staying on Dune Road at the Westhampton Bath & Tennis Club. (Not a bad choice, but expensive.)

At ALL COSTS, and I MEAN AT ALL COSTS, avoid Allen's Acres. They used to have a sign out front advertising their
"Pasta Fantasea'." I'm sure the hair spray resin alone has created a toxic environment in those rooms.

Can't answer about the other locations you mentioned. I really would suggest staying somewhere other than Hampton Bays unless you are prepared for loud, Italian guys from Brroklyn, Queens and Long Island.

Stay in another town and take a cab, everyone else does. Westhampton is a nice little town, for example.

Old May 9th, 2002, 12:12 PM
alex

I have never stayed at any place over there because my parents live 15 minutes away but you could try calling East Egg Reservations (631) 287-0865. It is a reservation service for the B&B's, Inns, and other smaller lodgings in the Hamptons. They could tell you what is close to the party and has availability without having to call all over the place. There are at least a few B&B's in Hampton Bays like the Fireside and several in Quogue which is nearby like the Hampton Hideaway. You may also want to check hamptonbaysonline.com for a list of lodgings. Also check Dan's Papers (www.danspapers.com) a weekly throwaway paper for the Hamptons.