Search

Halloween Celebrations

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2023, 02:29 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Halloween Celebrations

Once again I am posting my list of Halloween celebtrations:
  1. Salem, MA. This is where the Salem Witch Trials were held 1692-3 and 20 “witches” were executed. The town proclaims its Halloween celebration as America’s biggest.
  2. Sleepy Hollow, NY. The "Legend of the Sleepy Hollow" written by Washington Irving in 1820 features the headless horseman. The town holds haunted hayrides, Gothic mansions, blazing pumpkins, parades, and the Headless Horseman himself.
  3. New Orleans, LA. Famous for voodoo and zombies, New Orleans knows how to put on a spooky party. One of the biggest celebrations is on Frenchman Street where everyone is in costume, some of which are flamboyant, elaborate or outlandish.
  4. West Hollywood, CA. The West Hollywood Halloween Carnaval is a wild costume party scene. Unique costumes by some of the most creative people on the planet.
  5. Key West, FL. Fantasy Fest is an annual ten-day carnival in a tropical paradise that celebrates creativity, imagination, freedom and music.

Old Sep 23rd, 2023, 05:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
When my daughters were young, we took them to the Haunted Happenings in Salem, MA several times and we had so much fun! Awesome haunted houses which we all love! Halloween is one of our favorite holidays. Many people get dressed up in costumes throughout October in Salem. Tarot card readings, fortune tellers, the Witch’s Museum, etc. A great day! But it was always very crowded and even more so the closer you get to Halloween. I’ve read it’s even worse now (not surprising) than when we went in the 90’s.

Last year we were in New Orleans for a couple days in October. Not on Halloween so we didn’t see those flamboyant costumes. But the city was so festive with its Halloween and fall decorations. A great time to visit!