Reload this Page >

Gulf Coast help near Pensacola

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 09:07 AM
hi

We will be vacationing in late May Between Gulf shores and Pensacola. Any ideas on restaurants and/or neat place to hang and grab a beer? We have a remote place to stay but are looking to go out as well. Help please.

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 09:42 AM
Utahtea

We will be there about the same time. It's our first visit to FL. I'm looking for interesting places to site see.

Utahtea

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 03:26 PM
rhm

Try McGuires in Pensacola. It is an Irish Pub that has won the Golden Spoon award from Florida Trend numerous times.

They have a micro brewery on site and live entertainment. It gets very crowded and they don't take reservations. McGuires is a landmark in Pensacola.

If you have the time check out the Naval Aviation Museum on Pensacola NAS, there is no admission fee and it is well worth a visit.

Regards,

Rhm

Old Apr 4th, 2002, 03:31 PM
Lindsey

The Florabama Lounge is always one of my favorite places. My wife never beleived me about it until she saw it mentioned in John Grisham's "The Firm".

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 04:58 AM
gulfie4life

Floribama is cool if you like bikers with tatoos...

Old Apr 6th, 2002, 05:00 AM
Sara

Hint about Pensacola: there is a restaurant named Chets that is only open about 5 days a week, has great fried sea food, very small place, but my family and I also try to get there when we're in town. Delicious!