Search

Greek Theater

Search this Thread

Old Sep 27th, 2003, 05:03 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Greek Theater

Going to a concert at the Greek Theater in LA and need a nice hotel nearby; any and all suggestions gratefully accepted! Thanks
Old Sep 27th, 2003, 07:03 PM

It depends on what you are looking for.
There are hotels downtown, west hollywood, beverly hills. Check www.biddingfortravel.com for some ideas.

Have a great time at the Greek!
Old Sep 27th, 2003, 08:03 PM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
Well, the Greek is up north of Franklin and Las Feliz as you head north up Vermont into the residential area of Griffith Park. To the south is a relatively crummy area of Hollywood; to the west Hollywood, and to the east there's Atwater and Glendale.

So I guess the closest nice hotel would be the Renaissance at the Kodak complex, which looks beautiful on the outside, but I've never been in it. You'll also be close to the newly renovated Hollywood Roosevelt Hotel, which we all remember seeing out the window of Lucy's fake hotel room in the Los Angeles trip.

If you want to go down a notch, you'll be right off Franklin, so the Magic Castle Hotel is close by too.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 01:13 PM

I live near the Greek and there really is not any hotels in the neighborhood. The Renaissance, Roosevelt and Magic Hotel are good ideas. Also, there is a Holiday Inn and a Best Western on Highland very close to each other. It is only about 10-15 ride to the Greek depending on traffic from all of these hotels.
Old Sep 30th, 2003, 04:57 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
If you have a car, Glendale has a Best Western and a Hilton that are nice....and also a Days Inn that is cheap and adequate, it's an easy 10 min drive to the Greek, just two simple turns and no freeway.
Old Apr 5th, 2005, 11:27 PM

I know this is an old post but please do not stay at The Los Feliz Hotel on Los Feliz Blvd. in Silverlake/Atwater/Griffith Park area.
They charge your credit card the minute you make a reservation, then, give you a spiel that you can get a better rate if you pay cash and get your mind off of getting a receipt (and if you're like us you are either not knowing they charged your card or you have forgotten) and you have no recourse-no recipt. They have your money twice-all for a dumpy little motel.
Shadow
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 07:15 AM

Shadow, you should tell the complete story like you did on your other post. They don't offer a discount for paying cash. They tell you that if you pay cash they won't charge tax. If you agree with them to try to cheat the government, in my humble opinion, you deserve what you get, especially if you don't get a receipt for paying cash.
Old Apr 6th, 2005, 01:49 PM

Patrick, you are right...I meant to say that but did not on this post (I think at that time I was tired). Anyway, yes, we were totally wrong to do that...my only excuse is that we were totally "fried" by the long drive in the downpour-we were just not thinking straight. That is the whole reason we did not even think to get the receipt AND the scam part of the owner getting us interested in having a movie to watch.
I still say that its too bad in this world that we are the bad guys just for
being tired and "not on the ball" for a minute.
Lesson learned all the way around.
But, I've posted because I don't want anyone else to have to go through this-us humans do get tired sometimes.
Shadow