Reload this Page >

Great stay at La Maison Marigny, New Orleans

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 03:06 PM
Leilani

When we were in New Orleans last week, we stayed at a wonderful B&B: La Maison Marigny, a beautifully restored 1898 house at Bourbon and Esplanade, on the quiet end of the French Quarter. The bedrooms are light, airy, and tastefully decorated; they have air conditioning and ceiling fans, and each room has a private bath. We stayed in the suite, which had an antique four-poster bed and a comfortable living room. Guests also have the use of a sun room -- wicker furniture and a CD player -- and a brick patio in a walled garden.

While we appreciated the extras, e.g. the hairdryer, luxurious towels, and shampoo and body gel dispenser in the bathroom, the best thing was the peacefulness and the sense of welcome we found there. Our host, John (who is so generous about sharing his knowledge on this forum), was equally friendly and helpful in person -- always willing to make phone calls and reservations on behalf of his guests.

Staying there really made our trip an enjoyable and memorable one. After spending an afternoon sightseeing in the more boisterous parts of the French Quarter, we were relieved to come "home" to the serenity of La Maison Marigny. And John's blueberry-chocolate chip muffins, fresh from the oven, were ambrosial. I highly recommend this property!

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 05:01 PM
susan

It's so nice to see another great review of this property! La Maison Marigny has gotten national awards for excellence and I'm glad to see its charm is lingering. Thanks for the update!

Old Aug 28th, 2001, 08:31 PM
Adam

We stayed there last year. It was wonderful!

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 05:30 PM
Aaron

Topping for Cindy.

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 07:18 PM
Teresa

Leilani, thank you for the property report. I wish more people would do this!

I have tried to stay at this B&B on three occasions but each time it was sold out. Based on your recommendation, I will keep it mind when I return to New Orleans!

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 04:18 PM
Leilani

Teresa, I hope you're able to stay there on your next trip. You'll really like it.

P.S. to Susan: It was actually through one of your posts that I first heard about La Maison Marigny. Thanks!

Old Sep 6th, 2001, 03:42 AM

to the top for James