Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Great Stay at Iberville Suites in New Orleans!

Search

Search this Thread

Old Aug 26th, 2001, 09:13 AM
pete

Just a quick note on the Iberville Suites in New Orleans. Just got back from a great experiance at this new suite hotel in the French Quarter. Beautiful hotel with outstanding antique furnishings, a comfortable and well decorated queen suite, and a full breakfast buffet with the price of the suite. Had planned on staying at the Hotel Monteleone, but when we saw the price for the new Iberville suites, we decided to change our reservation, and I'm glad we did. Nothing bad about the Hotel Monteleone, but wanted a newer hotel. The queen suite was comfortable for four adults, queen bed in main bedroom, and a sofa sleeper in the other room. A little more room in the sofa sleeper room would have been nice but hey, it was still comfortable and your in the French Quarter. This hotel is a steal for the price, if you watch the discounters. Excellent and beautiful staff makes for a geat experience! If you want more luxury and antique furnishings plus a room with jucuzzi and upscale furnishings, stay at the Maison Orleans, if your pocket book can handle the price. The Maison Orleans is in the same building as the Iberville Suites and the Ritz Carleton. The Maison Orleans only has a continental breakfast. We saw a regular room and it was beautiful with wood flooring. The reception area in the hotel is outstandingly decorated and the library is the best you'll ever see!! Both the Iberville Suites and the Maison Orleans have access to the Ritz Carltons restuarants, spa, and the upscale shops on the street level of this building should be done in a few months. A real treat right within walking distance on the border of the French Quarter, to anything in the Quarter, Central Business District, and riverfront. Thought I'd post this since these are newer hotels, and not much feedback can be found..

Old Aug 29th, 2001, 06:51 PM
Kate

Pete
Thanks for the info! We have reservations for Iberville in October, but I was a little wary because there was so little information and the price seemed a little too good to be true ($116.00/night). I'm glad to hear you had a great experience. I hope ours will be as good! Thanks again for taking the time to post.

Old Aug 30th, 2001, 05:54 PM
pete

Its great feeling to help someone because I appreciate all the helpful opinions I have received on Fodors from such generous posters. If you have any questions Kate, we will be glad to try to answer them. You will not regret the Iberville Suites for that price!! By the way where did you find that rate?

Old Sep 1st, 2001, 06:40 PM
Kate

I found the rate at Hotel Discounts.com. I called the 1-800 number on their website, and they gave me an additional discount for booking that day. You have to pay in advance, but they assured me the rooms were the same (Queen suite). By the way, was the area nice, or too close to noisy Bourbon street? It seems like it will be convenient to walk to most places in the quarter. Did you find that to be true? Thanks again for your help. Kate

Old Sep 2nd, 2001, 07:40 AM
pete

The area is very quiet, and not much action around it. However, down the street on Iberville, it does get a little noisey. The cross street north of the Hotel is marginal, and probably a little on the seedy side, but safe enough, just not much there, day or night. The hotel is in easy walking distance to anything in the quarter, and to the CBD.

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 04:48 PM
Pete

To the top for Sheila, in case you have trouble finding this post!

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 06:17 PM
Sam

The hotel is already having financial problems as evidenced by heavy discounting. I imagine the Ritz is having the same problems due to major overbuilding in New Orleans.

Old Sep 4th, 2001, 06:38 PM
John

It's not at all unusual for new properties to discount. I think that both the Ritz and the Iberville Suites are doing just fine!

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 02:34 PM
James

Just returned from Iberville Suites this past week-end. I could'nt agree more with Pete, this is a wonderful hotel with lots of room (kitchen sink & fridge) The lobby is located on the second floor along with the bar which makes it quite nice and quiet which is a nice change from bourbon street. I thought the location was very convient to all attractions.

Old Oct 23rd, 2001, 03:00 PM
Pete

James, glad you enjoyed your stay at the Iberville Suites. Beautiful and a great staff! It was a real surprise when we stayed there because it was so new and no feedback from Fodorites was available. We love New Orleans.

Old Nov 1st, 2001, 08:14 AM
Kate

Just got back from my trip, and yes, Pete, the Iberville Suites were a great experience. The entire hotel is beautiful, rooms very nice, great ammenities, but I cannot say enough about how wonderful the service is. Talk about southern hospitality! Everyone was so friendly and anticipated every need. It is rare a hotel meets my expectations and this one by far exceeded them.

Old Nov 21st, 2002, 08:03 PM
Dawn

You have to be kidding! This place almost singlehandedly ruined my vacation in NOLA.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 03:35 AM
Non

Gee, Dawn, you wouldn't care to enlighten us with any DETAILS, would you?

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 08:46 AM
Ric

Another thumbs up for the Iberville Suites. I stayed in April at $139 a night and thought that was a steal for a queen suite. The breakfast that was included each morning was amazing (and a $25 per person cost if you were not a guest!). I thought the rooms were very nice, even on the luxurious side, and the location was great. We walked up and down Iberville (to and from the hotel) day and night feeling very safe.

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:27 AM
xxx

hello - this post is from 2001!

Old Nov 22nd, 2002, 09:29 AM
Ric

There is a separate post from Dawn about her recent bad experience at the Iberville Suites, which is why this old post was topped.

Old Jan 2nd, 2003, 02:21 PM
Catherine

Just to add a little to this thread.

We stayed at the Iberville Suites, for 3 nights. I agree that the hotel is beautiful and the furnishings upmarket. I go into more detail in another thread.

I just wanted to point out we got a rate of $89.10 from Turbotrip, which if you don't mind paying in advance is a better value than booking with the hotel itself.

In addition I should advise that the staff seem entranced with the idea of capturing a more upmarket clientele than the one they currently have. ( I heard them discussing this on three occasions).

So if you want good service and a room with a nice view, it pays to look nicely dressed etc, when you go to the reception.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 06:28 PM
Karen

We stayed two there. It was great!
Close to everything! Turbo trip has the best rates- we even got nights free. Be sure to scroll down through Turbo Trip for all the rates as hotles can be listed more than once.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 06:29 PM
Karen

I meant Weeks! We stayed two weeeks!
Parked my car for free at the Winn Dixie. Just made sure I did not go there after dark.

Old Jan 20th, 2003, 06:33 PM
Disbelief

You mean to tell me you parked your car at a nearby grocery store, in a bad area no less???? Did they know that you were not a store customer? Why didn't they tow you?

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -