Reload this Page >

Great Restaurants in Las Vegas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 07:33 AM
Sande

I'm going to Las Vegas in April. Any suggestions on where to eat?

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:10 AM
Max

Ummmm....that's almost like asking, "Hey, I'm taking a vacation this year. Where should I go?"

The number and variety and quality of restaurants in Las Vegas, per capita, is unrivalled worldwide.
Everything you can imagine, including some great knock-offs of some of the better restaurants in NYC, SF, LA...

This is a broad question.

Tell us what type of cuisine and price range you're interested in.
If you're really picky, go to www.chowhounds.com for some high end commentary on LV's best eateries.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 08:34 AM
Cordy

Try looking on www.vegas.com this website gives a good description of the buffets, theme restaurants and the fancy places too. Good luck !

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 09:41 AM
thereuare

Haven't been personally (yet), but the concensus is that the breakfast buffet at Paris is FANTASTIC.

I just helped a friend plan a Vegas trip, and he went to the Paris for breakfast the first day, then returned the second day since it was so good.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 11:36 AM
xxx

Calling the Paris buffet "great" is just plain silly. It may be "extensive", "generous", "filling", or even "impressive", but steam table food is steam table food. Food that has been pre-prepared and sitting on a steam table is not what I'd ever call "great" no matter how cheap and filling it is.
Great restaurants? Spago, Le Cirque, Picasso, Red Square, Chinois on Main, Prime, just for starters. You won't find an all you can eat salad bar in any of them if that impresses you, but the food will certainly be prepared to order and served beautifully.

Old Jan 31st, 2002, 01:48 PM
kmd

Last year we ate at Kokomo's in the Mirage and it was great. Also, Mon Amie Gabi in the Paris is wonderful. Our best meal ever was Aureole in Mandalay Bay (must request to sit in the swan room). We are leaving to go to Vegas next week and have dinner reservations at Nobu (Iron Chef restaurant in Hard Rock), Red Square in Mandalay Bay, Mon Amie Gabi (we really like this place) and Prime in Bellagio. The Paris breakfast buffet is the best buffet (and we really aren't buffet people).

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 06:27 AM
thereuare

To: XXX

As you can see from the above poster who also complimented the Paris breakfast buffet, it is indeed known to be "great."

Much of the food at the Paris buffet is made to order: crepes, omelets, etc.

And if you read the original post, you'll see that the poster is looking for "suggestions on where to eat."

I don't think anybody will go to ANY buffet expecting a Circo or Spago experience, but for what it is, the Paris breakfast buffet is certainly an excellent recommendation for breakfast.

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 08:40 PM
suzannekushner

You might consider getting a LV Entertainment Book (go to entertainment.com and you can browse restaurants that take the card)...for the price, $25 I think, it's a great value and provides many excellent 2-for-1 values in it. The Moroccan Restaurant in it is excellent and fun - they have belly dancing, but there are all kinds of places in there, from hamburgers and steaks to Chinese and Thai! Just a suggestion...

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 04:36 AM
xxx

to thereuare: despite what she may have asked in the question, it was titled, "GREAT restuarants in Las Vegas." Wow, omelets made to order!!! Yes, to quote you, "for what it is. . . ", but sorry, I'll stand by my original statement that the Paris buffet is not a GREAT restaurant by any stretch of the imagination. In fact I would never place any "serve yourself buffet" anywhere in the world as a GREAT restaurant.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 07:12 AM
XXX

Look AHOLE, not one person said the Paris Buffet was a GREAT RESTAURANT. It is a Great Buffet and as such a good recommendation on where to eat while in Las Vegas. We really don't care how far you have to stretch your imagination.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 07:50 AM
Nan

one word-CHANGS! Outside balcony at Changs at the Aladdin overlooking the strip and a waterfall with food to die for!

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:36 AM
xxx

OK, XXX, I may be an A---hole, but at least I was able to read that the question was "GREAT" restaurants. Sorry that I was so stupid that I thought the title meant that Sande was looking for GREAT Restaurants. Next time I'll be smart like you and realize that the title of the post has nothing to do with the question.

Please forgive my stupidity. I've already forgiven you for your rudeness. You might also note that my posts were done without insulting anyone. It might be nice if you could figure out how to post without name calling.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 09:46 AM
elaine

I was starting to sulk when we arrrived at the Mandalay Bay as I hadn't realized how far away from the center it seemed. But after eating at Red Square one night and Aureole the other, I forgave them for everything. These two restaurants are GREAT by any definition: food, atmosphere, setting, service.

by the way, I guess I misunderstood the post also. If it says "great restaurants", I thought that's what the person was looking for. If someone posted "Beachfront Resorts in California", then asked where to stay in April, would you proceed to list motels that weren't on the Beach?

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 10:05 AM
canteveryone

Yes, the title post was Great Restaruants in Las Vegas, but why should anyone tear into "thereuare" just because he expressed his opinion about a buffet. Couldn't "xxx" just recommend a restaurant or two and not get so hostile? Geez, get a life!

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:19 AM
elaine

Maybe your definition of hostile is different from mine. I found the first post by xxx quite polite, certainly not hostile, but presenting her view that the buffet was not a Great Restaurant, as the original post had been titled. The only hostile post I've seen here is the one where someone called her an A---hole because she expressed her opinion politely.
If you'll go back and read through these again you will clearly see that xxx didn't tear into Thereuare at all, just again politely re-explained her opinion. XXX is the only person who has torn into anyone at all here.
Are we really not allowed to give opinions here? I thought that anyone realized this is all a matter of opinion. xxx expressed an opinion politely. Let it go. No need to call her or him names!

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 11:28 AM
xxx

To canteveryone: gee, I did list 6 suggested great restaurants in my post while politely expressing my opinion about a buffet. So when you ask why couldn't I just make a suggestion or two are you complaining because I offered too many? Sorry, but I didn't know there was a limit. How many suggestions did you give in your post?

Please explain what in my post was considered "tearing into" or "hostile".
Elaine is right. If someone offers an opinion that you don't agree with, I guess you consider it rude, hostile, or angry?

And no matter what anyone says, since the title of this thread is Great Restaurants in Las Vegas, I still don't understand what a discussion about a self serve buffet is doing here.

As I've already stated, I've already forgiven XXX for his rudeness. Please forgive me for my politeness and for my stupidity in not realizing that the title of the post had nothing to do with the question.

Old Feb 2nd, 2002, 12:23 PM
nobuffets

The Eiffel Tower restaurant in the Paris hotel has very good food and a very romantic atmosphere if this is what you are looking for. I know you didn't ask for romance, so please forgive me if I have suggested something that may offend anyone here, but it is a Great Restaurant!