Great florists in Delray/Boca/West Palm area

Search

Search this Thread

Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 02:49 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'd like to send someone flowers in Delray Beach and would like to use a local co. but one that's good and creative. Not looking for chrysanthemums or a national co. like ProFlowers. (while I think they're fine, this is not the right occasion) . Something elegant and tasteful. Any ideas?
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 04:33 PM
Amy

I'm sorry I can't help specifically with this location, but a few points that may be helpful (and will at least bring the post up )

1. You're always (to my mind) better off calling the florist directly and explaining what you would like. Most florists are able and willing to do a much wider variety than what you see on the standard websites, of course.

2. Google the location you need them delivered to and then "florist"; you'll generally want to avoid those who brag about their prices.

3. I noticed that there are a few in Delray who specialize in orchids--usually elegant and tasteful, for sure.

4. Look for pictures of things arrangements that you do like (again, Google Images is your friend) and email the site to the florist you're dealing with to give them a better idea of what you want. It's not always easy to describe what you're looking for, but if you have a good idea of the size and general theme you're looking for a good florist should be able to give you plenty of suggestions.

You may have already thought of all these, but just wanted to give you a perspective from 25 years in the flower biz!
Old Mar 2nd, 2009, 11:22 PM

I have done exactly what Amy suggested in #1 & #2 to find florists in many locations. My mother was always delighted with the flowers when I used the Lake Worth Florist. Sorry, I don't have the number handy--my mother doesn't live in Floriday anymore, and I'm thousands of miles away from my address book right now.
Old Mar 13th, 2009, 03:32 PM
Original Poster

I wound up using a co. called Petals in Boca Raton based on a recommendation. I'll let you know how it goes. Thanks.
Old Mar 14th, 2009, 05:06 AM

I have had great results in similar situations by calling the local public library and asking the reference librarian on duty who they would use in similar circumstances.

Technically, they aren't supposed to make commercial recommendations, but that isn't what I am asking.
Old Mar 15th, 2009, 08:50 AM

I just came home from West Palm Beach yesterday...it is beautiful!

There are plenty of things to do. So many beaches. I parasailed in Riviera Beach, about 8-10 minutes away and took a ferry out to Peanut Island, which has great little lagoons for snorkeling and JFK's bunker, which was built during the Cuban Missile Crisis has tours on the weekends.

There is also a Loggerhead Turtle Recovery Center where you can see the turtles that they are rehabing. Juno Beach is right there as well.

There is the Palm Beach Zoo which is fun. On Thursday nights at Sailfish Marina, local artists set up shops and sell their goods. I was able to find some really beautiful jewelry there, plus, huge fish swim all around the dock and you can buy shrimp to feed them.

There is also a place called Dubois...great pier and crystal clear water! Watching the sun set here is awesome.

Overall the people were great, easy to navigate around the city, great food....awesome trip.
Old Mar 17th, 2009, 12:12 PM
Original Poster

Sounds like you had a great time, e pelletier and some of those things are new to me.

Just reporting back that the flowers from Petals got a big thumbs up and they were very nice to deal with. http://www.petal-designs.com/store/i...ain_page=index