Reload this Page >

Grand Teton National Park

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 26th, 1999, 03:05 PM
Marianne

Need info on lodging in or near Grand Teton NP. Thanks.

Old Sep 26th, 1999, 03:54 PM
howard

What's available may depend on when you are going. I'm not sure which of the following will be open.
1. The Grand Teton Lodge Company operates three properties within the park--the Jenny Lake Lodge (expensive), Jackson Lake Lodge (medium priced) and Colter Bay Village (least expensive). Call 307-543-2855.
2. Signal Mountain Lodge is also within the park (307-543-2831).
3. There are plenty of choices in Jackson Hole which is very close. Contact the Jackson Chamber of Commerce (307-733-3316) or the Wyoming Division of Tourism (307-777-7777).
Good luck. If you go, you're in for a memorable experience.

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 02:45 AM
cedar

Definitely stay in the park!
We stayed at the Jackson Lake Lodge. Very nice with breathtaking views. It is located in the middle of the park which makes it very convenient and saves on driving time.
Yellowstone is a couple of miles up the road...in the park. I would not stay in Jackson. It is too far away from the view of the mountains and too far removed from the quiet and wild beauty of the park.

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 09:27 AM
Howard

I agree with the previous poster that staying in the Tetons is certainly preferable. I only mention Jackson Hole, as the places within the TNP might not be open.

Old Sep 27th, 1999, 02:30 PM
elaine

Marianne,
We recently returned from Jackon, WY and our emphasis was Grand Teton Nat'l Park. Our accommodations were wonderful. We spent 8 nights at Wildflower Inn located on 3 acres at foothills of the Tetons. The Inn is well located as we could be anywhere in the Tetons within 20 to 30 minutes. We never had to drive into Jackson to enter the park. The Inn itself surpasses the images on the webpage.
The website is:
www.jacksonholenet.com/JH/Lodging/
SBB/Wi.htm

Old Oct 7th, 1999, 12:30 AM
Jack

Stayed at Signal Mt Lodge Sep 1-3, nice spot to stay, we had a cabin with a fireplace. Get view of the mts. Love to go back. Enjoy.

Old Oct 7th, 1999, 12:32 AM
Jack

Stayed at Signal Mt Lodge Sep 1-3, nice spot to stay, we had a cabin with a fireplace. Get view of the mts. Love to go back. Enjoy.

Old Oct 7th, 1999, 05:07 AM
Bob Brown

Ditto on Signal Mountain Lodge. My son has stayed there more than I have and that is his choice. He is more picky than I am, too. (He wasn't in the military!!)