Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

Graduation dinner in San Francisco for 30 people-Please help?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 10:43 AM
Linda

Our daughter is graduating on June 1st at the Masonic Temple which is on California Street and we would like to hold a dinner or reception for her. Can you suggest a place that is resonably priced?

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 11:46 AM
Amber

Linda,

Can you give us some more detailed info regarding what is reasonable and type of food you're looking for? There are so many restaurants at every price range here. You may want to take a look at bayarea.citysearch.com - it's a good reference for getting a look at what SF has to offer.

Old Apr 20th, 2001, 11:48 AM
L

Linda, I think the first thing you need to do is buy a Zagat's for SF, and look at the index ... it will give you some clues. You're probably going to end up at a private restaurant or one in a hotel. Or you can reserve a room at a hotel and hire your own caterer. Personally, I'd look at Zagat's suggestions in the front for the "best bang for your buck" places and start calling to see if they can handle your group in a private room. Zagat's gives you prices per person, and from there you would be able to negotiate a per person cost, gratuity included. Good luck.

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 01:18 PM
Susan

May I suggest the R&G Lounge for Chinese food? It's a great place for a group and the food is wonderful - don't miss the salt and pepper crab. They have rooms you can reserve for your party. It's located at Kearny and Clay.

Old Apr 26th, 2001, 04:13 PM
A Neighbor

Linda:
You may want to try another city because JUNE 1st is the eve of THE BLACK AND WHITE BALL...in short, WE can't even BUY a table in SF that night before the Ball. Its a HUGE deal as you might know if you live in or around SF. You are also trying to do a dinner on the biggest night for WEDDING Rehersal Dinners for those June 2nd brides of which there are many and you have multiple graduations such as your daughters to compete with...Good luck and congratulations to your daughter.