good street map for Manhattan

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 17th, 2001, 04:14 PM
MNY

Hello.

Can anybody suggest a good pedestrian friendly street map for Manhattan in NYC? Also, where can it be purchased? Thanks a bunch.

Old Dec 17th, 2001, 05:35 PM
Philip

I use the "Streetwise" maps in every city I go to. You can usually buy them in any travel store or major bookstore. Hopefully their website will be up and running soon at www.streetwisemaps.com

Old Dec 17th, 2001, 06:16 PM
c

Streetwise~the best!

Old Dec 17th, 2001, 09:21 PM
barbara

I love the Mapquest maps. They divide Manhattan into 3 areas (3 maps) and show where all the major (and lots of minor) attractions, restaurants and hotels are. Look for them at bookstores

Old Dec 18th, 2001, 03:38 AM
Kat;hy

Last April we visited NYC and used a Silver Lining's Best Map of Manhattan which showed all of Manhattan and then used Streetwise maps of the neighborhoods. They are laminated fold out maps that were great. I bought them at Barnes and Noble.

Old Dec 18th, 2001, 09:26 AM
Janie

If you are a AAA member, you can get a good street map free (if they don't have one in your area, you can get it with your AAA card at the office in NYC which is near Lincoln Center). The free maps you can get at any hotel or the tourist office are really sufficient if you're staying in Manhattan. Don't forget to add an up to date subway map (make sure it's post 9/11) and especially a Manhattan bus map, which really doubles as a street map. I've sent many a visitor on their way with only the free maps, and there have been no complaints. Bus and subway maps can be downloaded from the transit authority website before you get here (www.mta.info)

Old Dec 18th, 2001, 11:12 AM
Ted

Streetwise NYC, without a doubt. Pick one up at most bookstores.