Reload this Page >

Good restaurants near Lincoln Center?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 21st, 2002, 04:40 PM
nina

We are going to see Contact Friday night. We're planning on eating dinner at La Pizza Fresca in Union Square, but we may not get into the city early enough. If we end up short on time, can anyone recommend a very good restaurant close to Lincoln Center? Thanks a lot.

Old May 21st, 2002, 06:14 PM
steve

After we saw Contact(which is great) we had dinner at Cafe de Luxembourg which is a short walk from Lincoln Center. It's a French bistro type place. You'll probably need to make a reservation if you want to go there.

Old May 21st, 2002, 06:25 PM
lisa

Gabriel's on 60th between Broadway and Columbus (9th Ave) is also good. Italian and they are very well-versed in getting you out in time for curtain. You'll need a reservation.

Old May 21st, 2002, 06:56 PM
patty

Picholine is the best restaurant, in my opinion, in that area. In addition to the Cafe Luxembourg & Gabriel's, there's also John's Pizzeria, Nick & Toni's, Shun Lee or the more casual Shun Lee Cafe, Vince & Eddie's.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 04:13 AM
nina

Thanks. Im going to check some of these places on Zagets then call. I appreciate the tips.

Lisa, my husband drove into the city yesterday and traffic was a nightmare with the return of the increased security. Any insight as to whether we can anticipate delays friday too? We were planning on driving but maybe we'll take the train.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 04:59 AM
lisa

My guess is that everyone will be heading *out* of town on Friday, while you're coming in. It's going to be almost 80 on Friday, which will encourage everyone to go to the beach!

That being said, they have increased security at the Brooklyn Bridge (and even closed it this morning for a suspicious package). I think if it's not too difficult to take the train, it's always preferable.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 05:02 AM
Lorraine

Fieorello's is right across the street from Lincoln Center.
Its an Italian restaurant with typical Italian cusine.

Old May 22nd, 2002, 07:22 AM
Ellen

Rosa Mexicano. Very upscale Mexican. Gorgeous restaurant. Right across the street from Lincoln Center. You have to check out their waterfall. 212-977-7700. The grilled shrimp are great and the guacamole made tableside is to die for.