Good restaurant in Seattle?

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 9th, 2006, 03:38 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My husband and I will be in Seattle sans kids this weekend. We'd like recomendations for nice restaurants for dinner. Something nice, price not really an issue but no more than 200.00 including wine for two. Italian or nouveau kind of cuisine (no Asian). Anyone?
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 03:39 PM
Original Poster

Oh, and we're staying downtown so walking distance would be great. We care good walkers, though.
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 03:50 PM
TahitiTams

Hi Monica..
We liked Etta's a block from Pike Place and had a really good seafood dinner..he has other great restaurants in Seattle.
www.tomdouglas.com

Old Oct 9th, 2006, 03:56 PM

Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Etta's Seafood at the north end of Pike Place Market; or Lola's, Dahlia Lounge, or Palace Kitchen (are the other 4 Tom Douglas restaurants).

my Italian favorites:
Assagio's on 4th
La Fontana on Blanchard
Il Bistro in the Market
Il Terrazzo Carmine in Pioneer Square
AL Boccalino in Pioneer Square

Old Oct 9th, 2006, 03:57 PM

THe Metropolitan Grill is also very good; it is a steakhouse.
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 04:05 PM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Not part of Tom Douglas' fan club here, but they won't poison you.

For amazing food with a slight Italian/Pacific NW bent, try Lampreia on First Avenue.

More conventional Italian, but great food and great fun, Assaggio on Fourth. If Mauro is bouncing around he'll do well by you.

Matt's in the Market is tiny and excellent, too - in the Pike Market.

There are more expensive seafood places in this seafood town, but none (IMO) better than Elliott's Oyster House on the central waterfront.

They all have websites that I'm too lazy to link.
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 04:37 PM
Original Poster

Thanks everyone! That gives me a lot to choose from.
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 04:49 PM

i know i already gave my list but i REALLY like Assagio's... the entire atmosphere, food, and service. it always feels extremely "european" there to me.
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 06:21 PM

Our best Italian restaurant that is little discussed these days is Il Terrazzo Carmine in the Pioneer Square district. At mid-day it caters to the power lunch crowd, and in the evening it has a romantic atmosphere.

This restaurant has been a favorite of Seattle elite for over twenty years. If you eat there, you will never forget the experience. Check it out:

http://ilterrazzocarmine.com/

http://ilterrazzocarmine.com/
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 06:25 PM

For "nouveau kind of cuisine," I second Gardyloo's Lampreia suggestion. There are loads of good places to eat in Seattle, but to get the max out of your $200 you can't do better than Il Tarrazo Carmine (for Italian) or Lampreia (for nouveau).

Old Oct 9th, 2006, 07:48 PM

I ate at Harvest Vine last year and really enjoyed it. It's a tapas restaurant, so not Italian, but it's very good. Here is the website, you can look at the menu.

www.harvestvine.com

Johanna
Old Oct 9th, 2006, 07:53 PM

http://www.sazeracrestaurant.com/index.html
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 07:39 AM

We were in Seattle this weekend. Chez Shea had an excellent tasting menu. Very cozy and romantic.
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 08:13 AM
Original Poster

Oh, you guys just have to stop!! There are too many good choices and I only have one night. What is the dress code for Lampeira, does anyone know? My husband doesn't want to wear a sport coat.
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 08:21 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
The dress code at virtually all Seattle restaurants is that you must be wearing clothing. (There are probably some exceptions, e.g. Hooters, but not places we frequent.)

Business casual will be fine 100% of the time. There will be people in ties, and also people in tie-dieds.
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 04:29 PM

Lampreia does not require jackets. They suggest "business casual." Canlis used to require a jacket, now they say "jacket preferred/dressy."

I found this on Wikipedia:

The job search engine Monster.com offers this definition: "In general, business casual means dressing professionally, looking relaxed yet neat and pulled together." A more pragmatic definition is that business casual dress is a middle ground between business formal wear and street wear. Examples of apparel combinations that are considered appropriate for wearing to work by some organizations that consider themselves to be using a business-casual dress code are:

* for women: capris/long shorts are acceptable as casual dress and regular dress if they are "tailored" and of a dress pant material (usually not denim or heavy cotton)or a tennis shirt and trousers
* for men, a collared shirt (perhaps a tennis shirt instead of a dress shirt) and cotton trousers (such as khakis), shoes (such as loafers and dress sandals) without socks is generally acceptable

Neckties are generally not part of business casual dress unless worn in a very non-conservative way. The acceptability of jeans is variable and many organizations frown upon them as too casual, but will accept men who wear jeans with a sportcoat.
Old Oct 10th, 2006, 04:33 PM

what Gardyloo says. truly the Canlis is the only 'old-school' restaurant i'm aware of that even hints at a dress code of jackets for men.