Reload this Page >

Good Hotel/Motel in Southern Florida

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 11:10 AM
Linda

I am looking for a decent hotel/motel in Southern Florida on or near the beach in March. Our budget does not allow for $149+ every night. Any suggestions

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 11:18 AM
what

Gulf side or Atlantic?

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 03:14 PM
x

Try Pompano Beach. There are a lot of Mom and Pop hotels right on the beach that don't charge an arm and a leg. And you are close to Ft. Lauderdale....

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 05:15 PM
Stephanie P.

Linda:

I'd try motels in Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, FL (5 miles north of Ft. L.). All motels are 3 stories or less and alot are pastel colored. Search internet for Fort Lauderdale, look up LBTS motels. I'd suggest Blue Seas Courtyard (blueseascourtyard.com) or Coral Key Inn (coralkeyinn.com). I've only stayed at Coral Key, but have looked over Blue Seas and their 1 bedroom suites are HUGE, big enough for a family of 6. Both places have a full kitchen. On Ocean Drive about 2 to 3 blocks away is a Publix grocery store and a small mall w/an Eckerd. Both places (motels) are on El Mar Drive (palm tree lined) and right across the street from the ocean. Coral Key is right across the street from immediate ocean access. LBTS also has a small shopping/restaurant place and not far away are a Walgreens and gas station too. Nice walking town. Walk at night to look at all the neon motel signs.

Old Feb 21st, 2002, 08:20 PM
Laurie

We are staying at the Embassy Suites in Fort Lauderdale for $55 a night in late April and at the Doubletree Suites Galleria in mid May for $50 a night. I used Priceline and am very happy with the results. Good Luck!