Reload this Page >

Going to SF/Napa where to stay?

Search

Search this Thread

Old May 29th, 2005, 05:50 AM
annieladd

4 of us are flying into SF in August. We've all been there before, so we're open to anything. Just trying to see if anyone has ideas on where to stay. We're 1 couple and 2 singles, so looking for someplace with 3 bedrooms and at least 2 baths. Any ideas for condos or vacation home either in SF or Napa? Or, we're open to staying out of town, ie Stinson Beach or wherever. Just needs to be someplace we can get to from SF airport. Open to any of your ideas

Old May 29th, 2005, 10:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I was prepared to answer with some great places to stay, until I read your final qualifying statement. That's a tough one. Anybody out there know of a place she can get to from SFO?
Old May 29th, 2005, 10:52 AM
annieladd

I'm sorry, did I say something wrong? I'm just looking for some place, specific, to stay near SF. We're familiar with the area, and open to all ideas. I don't mean to say it has to be near the airport.

Old May 29th, 2005, 12:42 PM

Hi Annie, I'd suggest checking on www.vrbo.com. Since you've been here before (yup, I'm writing from the beautiful Bay Area) you may be familiar with lcoations, and can click on good ones that are listed under the San Francisco area. There are wonderful cottages/homes in the Point Reyes area, but as you probably know, it's a bit farther out of SF. SInce I love SF, I'd want to be somehwere I could easily drive into the city for the day or evening and back to the cottage/home/condo at night.
Browsing, I came across this one--just as an example of what you could find. They might have specials in August since they list one for end of July:
http://www.vrbo.com/22271

Have fun with your research!!
Old May 29th, 2005, 12:52 PM

http://www.vrbo.com/vacation-rentals/usa/california

Lists rentals by geographical sections in immediate SF Bay Area (including the one above in Half Moon Bay) Sausalito, San Francisco Marina District, etc,
and another section in Wine Country. Gee, they all sound wonderful! Maybe I'll try being a tourist in my own backyard!
Old May 29th, 2005, 12:53 PM
annieladd

Wow, Calinurse, you found exactly what I was looking for. Thanks! Anne

Old May 30th, 2005, 01:26 AM

Annieladd, glad the info is useful. Thank you for taking the time to say that.
Have a wonderful trip with your friends, wherever you choose to lay your heads at night in our beautiful Bay Area!
Best wishes, from Calinurse