Reload this Page >

Going to North Miami Beach...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 06:43 AM
Julie

We're heading to North Miami Beach this weekend for a little R&R. I don't know the area much. Anyone have suggestions on places to eat and things to do? We're staying at the Ocean Surf Hotel.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 12:34 PM
terri

There is a really good Italian restaurant with outdoor seating at the mall in Bal Harbor. You can walk there from North Miami. There was also a smaller italian (yes, I like italian) about two blocks north and across the street from the Radisson Deauville where I stayed. I think it was somewhere around 65th street.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 12:53 PM
joebob

you can get your hair dyed blue (like the rest of the geezers there) or you could attend one of the 1000 bar mitzvahs taking place on any given day.

Old Dec 9th, 2002, 04:58 PM
chuck

Julie:

R&R in NMB? I believe you are staying just across the 163rd causeway. that's a nice area.

NMB/Aventura has all the well-know places to eat. But, the Italian place in Bal Harbor is a terrific one - I, too, cannot remember the name. But, what you can do is call its sister place in Miami - Cafe Oggi and get the name of their place in Bal Harbor. Its a NYC type place.

On Sunday morning you can drive up to Hallendale and get excellent bagels and fish at The Sage - its the best in the area. There is also Lorenzo's on 163rd and Biscayne for Italian bakery stuff and deli. Very interesting place to see - great wine selection. Sort of like a Zabars

Want a real good cheesesteak? Take Biscayne Blvd south to around 133rd to Woody's - excellent. Also fantastic bakery on 125th; The Renaissance. As good as any place anywhere including NYC.

Great pizza at Steves - 123rd and Biscayne - don't mind the filth - this place has terrific pizza.

Hope these help - NMB very, very crowded. Use to live in Aventura for many years. It's Northern NJ with palm trees. Bloomies, Macy's etc. Have a great time.

Old Dec 10th, 2002, 03:17 AM
havkhones

Haulover Beach. A very nice nude beach is in NMB. Enjoy.