Reload this Page >

Gloria's B&B? Opinions?

Search

Gloria's B&B? Opinions?

Search this Thread

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 05:00 AM
Cathy

Gloria's B&B? Opinions?

I was looking at this B&B as option for our honeymoon. any ideas?

Old Jan 9th, 2001, 06:46 AM
houdini

Where might this Gloria live?

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 09:55 AM
Margot Harris

Gloria's is in Kauai, on the Poipu side. It fronts a magnificent view of the water, and though I've never been inside (I go right by this B & B on my morning walks to Spouting Horn, the natural lava tube/geyser), it looks wonderful. All the guidebooks I've seen have highly rcommended it, and I think it's very small and private. If you can book there, I'd grab it.

Old Jan 13th, 2001, 05:00 PM
Joy

I agree with Margot about taking this place. It is a wonderful site. Not 30 ft. from the ocean. We listened to the surf all through the night. The B&B is exceptionally clean. There is a kitchenette with microwave and coffee maker. Glasses and dishes are provided. Breakfasts are very good with fruit and a main dish - quiche or eggs or something similar. You can eat at their table, or at your own lanai.It's a great B&B. I don't know when you want this for, but there are only 3 rooms and they are popular, so check into it as soon as you can, if interested.

Old Jan 25th, 2001, 05:55 AM
karen

Hi, Cathy!

I agree that Gloria's is a superb location. We, too, take our morning run past Gloria's each morning while in Kauai. The location could not be closer to the ocean. The only thing I would caution honemooners about in a B&B is your privacy. While I would not hesitate to stay at Gloria's for a few days, I would not want to share quarters with others on my honeymoon. That's just my opinion. We stayed at a B&B last year on the North Shore in Princeville. The home was lovely; we had the entire top floor (Penthouse) and so had our privacy. We did not like the regimentation of breakfast at a given time where everyone sat down together. It was all right for 3 days, but that was enough for us, and we're certainly not honeymooners. From what I can see at Gloria's, it is one level, so I don't imagine you can have a floor to yourself unless you rent the entire house so you would be sharing all the common rooms, i.e., kitchen, living room, dining, etc. It this appeals to you, then go for Gloria's. You won't be disappointed in the location or proximity to the water.