Global Entry Processing Time

Aug 27th, 2019, 02:53 PM
Original Poster

Global Entry Processing Time

I haven't seen any recent posts on this topic, so I thought I'd write to see what others' experiences have been. I submitted my Global Entry application (first time applicant) in mid-June and it's still pending review. I thought I had submitted the application in plenty of time to be cleared for my December trip, but now I'm worrying that it won't happen. The website says Global Entry applications can take up to 100 days to be processed, so I guess I'm still within that window. Has anyone else submitted an application recently? What has been your experience?
Aug 27th, 2019, 03:00 PM

I. submitted my renewal in June, haven't heard a word. There website says it is being processed. It has said that since a couple of days after I submitted it electronically. I may call and check on it.

Last edited by Kathie; Aug 27th, 2019 at 03:06 PM.
Aug 27th, 2019, 03:00 PM

Global Entry has nothing to do with Europe. You might want tp post your question on the United States forum.

(It doesn't answer your question since it wasn't an initial application, but my renewal was processed/approved in July in 3 business days start to finish. Don't know long new apps are currently taking.)
Aug 27th, 2019, 06:46 PM

My initial application was processed within 2 weeks and moved to the interview phase May 2019, perfect timing for my upcoming trip (next week).

My interview, however, was a subject to governmental BS (sorry cannot find a PC term) due to this "administration" and moving "agents" to the border (I'm in a border state). My interview was canceled with 2 days notice in June. Those agents didn't even go then. 😖

There are "help" and support methods on the CBP website but it is not user friendly. There really is no other method - you can try calling but my efforts getting through to them just to schedule an appointment was challenging.

God speed. Seriously.
Aug 27th, 2019, 07:20 PM

Ironically there is US pre-clearance customs in Dublin, where you can use your Global Entry privileges.
Aug 28th, 2019, 04:40 AM

I live in NYC. My husband and I submitted our initial applications for Global Entry on April 29. We received our conditional approvals on August 24!

Yes, more than 100 days! I was wondering if the applications were lost or ignored. So I was shocked when I received an email stating that my “application status” had changed!

We have appointments scheduled for October 24; the earliest available appointment in a convenient location was Oct 16, but we will be away, so planning to do the interview, as recommended, on our return. Or I can make the long schlep to JFK before we go away, but that’s more than we’re ready to do.

Last edited by progol; Aug 28th, 2019 at 04:44 AM.