Reload this Page >

getting to Martha's Vineyard from Cambridge

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jul 3rd, 2001, 10:13 PM
cecilia

We will be at MIT this weekend for a conference and intend to see Martha's Vineyard for a day.Where do we get the ferry from Cambridge or Boston and how long is the trip. As day trippers, how early should we start? thanks

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 06:31 AM
Cathy

I have read in the Globe that they are now offering a new bus service from Boston that will take you to the ferry in Woods Hole on the Cape to take you over to MV. If you are doing this for a day trip I would plan to leave early to allow a few hours to actually get there. Another option would be to fly from Logan to MV or Nantucket for the day-not sure the price on this but it would be quicker than. There are not direct ferry's from Cambridge or Boston to MV or Nantucket. Good Luck!

Old Jul 4th, 2001, 07:52 AM
ellie

The new shuttle bus service leaves from the mbta train station out on rte 128 in Westwood - check out islandferry.com for complete info. I'm pretty sure that you can catch a bus from either logan airport or south station in boston which will take you to the ferry landing in woods hole. While you can take a boat to provincetown (the opposite end of the cape from mv) from Boston - you've got to get yourself to Woods Hole via bus or car and then board the ferry to mv....the bus trip ought to take about 2 hours max. I gotta admit that, as a local yokel, I find the whole process completely exhausing - especially for a day trip - and am baffled by the appeal...but I know that lots of people do it every day - have fun!