Getting to 911 Memorial from JFK

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 12th, 2019, 05:46 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We will have a half a day in NYC on Saturday as we leave for an international flight the next morning. DH and I have been to NYC several times but not since September 11. We’d like to see the reflecting pools and pay our respects to those who lost their life there. We don’t want to go into the museum as I personally don’t think I could handle the emotion of it all.

What is the best way to take public transportation to the memorial from JFK? Any idea on how long it will take?

Any casual restaurant suggestions near the memorial? We are staying at the TWA hotel at JFK.

Thanks!
Old Sep 12th, 2019, 06:02 AM

Take the Airtrain to the Howard Beach Station, then take the A train in the Brooklyn direction to the Fulton Street Station. Then walk about 10 minutes to Broadway and Cortlandt St. Total time of travel about 80 minutes each way.
Old Sep 12th, 2019, 06:06 AM
J62

From JFK, AirTrain to Howard Beach, then A-train subway to Fulton or Chambers St station.

Total travel time ~75min, not including walking/waiting. Plan on ~90min portal to portal.
AirTrain runs every 7-10min.
A train runs every ~20min.
Old Sep 12th, 2019, 07:13 AM

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post
For a selection of casual restaurants, I'd recommend the food court Hudson Eats at Brookfield Place. https://bfplny.com/directory/food/all Might Quinn Barbeque (about the best BBQ in the city) and Parm (Yuppie Italian-American) are two I've enjoyed.
Old Sep 12th, 2019, 07:11 PM
Original Poster

Thank you, Fodorites!