Reload this Page >

Getting around Richmond

Search

Getting around Richmond

Search this Thread

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 09:59 AM
Molly

Getting around Richmond

We love Virginia but have never been to Richmond -- Hope to drive down in Oct - would like recommendations on where to stay that would be convenient to see historical sites (tours from hotel would be great)-- now that we're seniors (late 50's) we are looking for convenience -- love to walk but not crazy about driving in cities we are not familiar with.....

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 03:34 PM
Topsy

TTT

Old Sep 22nd, 2002, 06:13 PM
X

Do you have specific historical sites are you interested in? That may help someone direct you to a hotel.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 03:45 AM
ddd

You don't say what your particular interests are but regardless, Richmond sites are all over the metro area. Pick a hotel closest to what ever interests you most. Most decent hotels will also have info on tours if you can't find something on your own via the internet.

Tho on the very pricey side I can recommend the Jefferson Hotel which is in the heart of Richmond's downtown. It was built in 1895 and restored to 5* status in the mid 1990s. There are a number of tours that pick up/drop off there or the hotel staff could arrange something for you.

All that said, I find Richmond a very driveable city.

Old Sep 23rd, 2002, 04:48 PM
Topsy

TTT