Reload this Page >

FYI: New, inexpensive Manhattan hotel

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 4th, 2000, 07:27 PM
steve

This made me curious so I went to the site: www.hudsonhotel.com and checked it out. There's not much info on the site but if you click on rates it links you to hotelbook. I tried a weekend in November and the lowest rate it showed was $185 for a standard queen(150sf). I then tried another November weekend plus a January weekend and the rates were in the $300 range. Still...$185 is not a bad rate for November in NYC. I'd love to hear more if anyone does any further investigating.

Old Nov 10th, 2000, 08:14 AM
Kristin

I just called the Hudson and was advised that you can get a room for $95 for a full size bed. If you want to go up to a queen size bed it $260. Hope this helps.

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 01:12 PM
lisa

I was just able to book a room with a queen bed at the Hudson for $95/night during Christmas week. I would appreciate hearing how it is, if anyone has stayed there yet.

Old Nov 15th, 2000, 03:30 PM
Owen O'Neill

I haven't stayed there but a friend is working there - says the rooms are very nnice - tasteful but small. Small is the norm for NYC hotel rooms anyway. I have been to the lobby area and it's spectacular. Not a "hotel look" at all - very hip, very subdued lightuing and very tasteful. The restaurant, Hudson Cafeteria is supposedly one of the hip new places to go and has long lines on weekends - as a hotel guest I imagine you get right past the line by showing your room key. Can't comment on service levels as I haven't stayed there.

Old Nov 16th, 2000, 08:21 AM
Kate

I just called and got the $95 rate for the first two weeks of January. I wanted to book a room for the whole month (am relocating to NY and need time to find an apartment), but they were really funny about it, asked me what the purpose of my stay was and said I could have the low rate for two weeks only and then it would revert to $185. Very strange.