Reload this Page >

Ft.Lauderdale & surrounding areas

Search

Search this Thread

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 07:24 AM
gs

I'll be going to FL in Feb. Any suggestiions on things to see and do in Ft.Lauderdale, Miami and surrounding areas? What is a nice clean beach? I like: dancing, shopping, live theater, musuems, wildlife and taking tours.

Does anyone know of any shops that sell cat relted items? Merchandise in the shape of a cat or with cats on it? I collect all kinds of cat stuff.

Also, any shoe stores that carry wide shoes?

Thanks.

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 07:29 AM
Spider

Try Sawgrass Mills Outlet Mall for shopping. Most of the beach in FLL is clean and nice. Don't miss South Beach in Miami. Have fun.

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 08:21 AM
Carol

All of the beaches in Ft.Lauderdale are beautiful. After beaching it, go to Shooters and watch all of the beautiful boats come down the inter-costal. Sawgrass is a great shopping area, but my I suggest that you buy your extra wide shoes before walking that Mall. As for the cats, the flea markets have some very unusual things. Thursdays are the best days to go, but get there early.

Night life, I would suggest Las Olas Blvd area.
Great Shopping (maybe there is a specialty shop for your shoes). Upscale dining. Riverview for night life. Vodoo Lounge is the one that is our favorite place, however there are other nice bars around.

In Miami, South Beach is great, right along Collins Ave. Beware - in Miami in Florida at the convention center is one of the biggest boat shows in North America. Dates are Feb 13-17. Hotels fill up fast and the crime seems to step up a bit.
The bars in South Beach are great too.

Have fun and if you have any questions just ask. Happy Holidays CA

Old Dec 19th, 2001, 08:24 AM
Carol

gs - Sorry, its me again. Just thought of something that you may enjoy. I am not a tour person, but in Ft. Lauderdale they have a tour boat called the Jungle Queen. It is a three hour tour. It is very interesting. You will see all of the stars homes from the water and all the wildlife your little heart desires. Probably the best buy in Lauderdale. Have fun

Old Dec 20th, 2001, 05:48 AM
Stephanie P.

gs:

Go to Lauderdale-by-the-Sea, Fl, if you can. It is 5 miles north of Ft. L. There is a store called Mac's Grove that sells real cute house and souvenir items. A little down Commerce St. past this is a really nice jewelry store that sells 14K seashell jewelry. This town is a great walking town, small with little restaurants and stores all around. I like going to lunch at Mulligans which is closer to the beach.

Old Dec 23rd, 2001, 11:05 AM
Nicole

I'm going to mention the Dania State Beach too. It's probably one of the nicest, quietest beaches during the daytime. You pay a small fee but then have the entire afternoon of peace and quiet. I love going there when I know the high schools have the day off.

Old Dec 25th, 2001, 05:45 AM
Julie

Go see Butterfly World, no kidding. It's not hokey, it's beautiful I've never seen so many butterflies in my life, at one point I had three sitting on me, shoulder, leg and hand. As you walk around they play beautiful classical music. Heavenly. From the sublime to the ridiculous--see the Sample Road Flea Market, litterly acres of stuff with good prices. Not second hand junk, new stuff but in a real second hand setting. Visit Del Ray Beach, a pretty little town with great boutique shopping and good restaurants. Visit the Morikami Garden, a beautiful, serene garden with pools and ponds,lovely plantings and a Japanese pavilion. Check out the millionaires homes in Palm Beach and shop on Worth Ave. there. Drive beyond Miami to the Fairchild Gardens, Viscaya estate, and the Coral Castle, built singlehandledly by a 5 ft. tall Latvian who was jilted at the alter by his child bride. Billy Idol wrote a song about it. Check out the broadwalk at Hollywood--it's a stitch and a great place for people watching. Rent a boat and travel the canals of Ft. Lauderdale to see all the beautiful homes and enjoy the water, etc, etc, etc.

Old Jan 10th, 2002, 10:23 AM
abc

top.