From Key West to Key Largo

Jan 28th, 2002, 06:45 PM
Nancy Gibson

From Key West to Key Largo

Can someone suggest the way from Key West to Key Largo? How much will it cost if I want to go there by taxi.

If I want to travel to neighbouring area of Key West, such as Little Torch Key w/o a car, how can do it?

PS. I want to thank the people who give me -- the lonely traveller- the suggestion for staying in Key West. Now I am on my way....

Jan 28th, 2002, 07:01 PM
susan

I can"t think of a way from Key West to Key Largo without renting a car. It's at least a 2 hour trip...you don't want a cab.

Jan 28th, 2002, 07:08 PM
Jayelle

Agreed, its too far to take a cab. You can rent a car at the airport in Key West for the day and drive yourself. The road is scenic, but its two lanes much of the way and gets congested. With a car, you can stop off along the way at will to take advantage of the beautiful scenery.

Jan 28th, 2002, 07:26 PM
jbm

You could also hire a driver but it will be expensive.

Jan 28th, 2002, 07:29 PM
Largo Lover

How about riding a bike, or hoofing it. I'm serious about both.

Jan 29th, 2002, 04:04 AM
Larry

Greyhound has bus service from Key West to Key Largo, about $25 one way. Check their website for details/schedules.
Another alternative is to check with the lodging accomodations you have in Key West- it is very possible they have friends that commute to other Keys during the day, and might not have a problem with giving someone a ride. Although I hesitate to tell someone to jump into a car with a complete stranger, if you feel comfortable with it, it may be an option.

Jan 29th, 2002, 06:10 AM
Bill

Besides Greyhound, there is the Airport Keys Shuttle, Phone: 1-80-689-3304, Crown Limosene or Go Tours, 800-875-4555. Taxi fares from KW to the Upper Keys is pretty pricey.

Search this Thread