Search

Santa Fe Hotel help

Search this Thread

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 04:58 AM
xxx

Santa Fe Hotel help

Am going to Santa Fe in June and would like to stay near the plaza in a nice affordable hotel, under $100.

How is the Sante Fe Motel $69.00 - 5 blocks from plaza?

El Rey Inn?

Any suggestions?

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 05:47 AM
art

If that is the SF motel is next to the Hotel Santa Fe, it does not look bad. However, you should try the Hotel Santa Fe which is a 5 minute walk to the plaza. We have stayed there a number of times and it is very nice. Although most of their rooms are small suites for about $150, they do have some standard rooms. We stayed in one last year for $89 a night.

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 06:06 AM
Laura

Hi,

I was in Santa Fe in October and I stayed at the Hotel Santa Fe. It was a nice hotel and certainly close enough to the Plaza to walk. It was over you price limit though. As I recall, with a senior rate it was $134 plus the various taxes. If you do happen to stay there, I would defnitely recommend their restaurant. The best food we had during our stay was there!

Laura

Old Jan 11th, 2002, 09:08 AM
Anthony

Why don't you use priceline.com?
Checkout the forum
www.biddingfortravel.com
You willsee what others have received from bidding with priceline and for how much.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 08:51 AM
XXX

TTT

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 09:02 PM
Sheila

SFM is not that close - would have to drive into town (no big deal) unless holiday wknd & then prkg is tough. Same for El Rey - it is very cute though (night&day compared to Santa Fe Motel) Need to make reservations as soon as you know your dates as they fill up quickly. Might try Garrett's Desert Inn, too. It is located just off of the plaza - great location (walking distance). Don't think I have ever seen them on a discount hotel sight. About $89 night.They do offer AAA discounts, though. I've seen Territorial Inn but not sure its price - its next door to Inn of Anasazi - great location.
Might try www.funtastictravel.com. Good luck - great town - we visit 4-5x a year and can't get enough!

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 04:48 AM
texasgirl

Santa Fe motel is fine, I stayed there last spring, a basic but clean motel with vague southwestern decor. And yes you can definitely walk downtown from there, I did it a number of times; it's not that far, maybe 6 blocks, maybe the posters who say you can't are thinking of a different place.

The El Rey, however, is a bit farther out and you'd have to drive; I've not stayed there but friends love it for its kitsch factor.