Frigid pool temps in April?

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 09:29 AM
Felice

Frigid pool temps in April?

Hi there. My husband and are are thinking about going to the Hyatt Gainey Ranch the end of April. We love swimming but are worried that with nighttime temps in the 50s, the pools will be too cold. Management says the pools are heated but the last time we heard that, we ended up freezing in a 68 degree pool at the Hyatt Cancun in December. Any one been to the Hyatt in the colder months?

Old Jan 15th, 2002, 07:52 PM
Randy

End of April isn't cool in the daytime.
Average high in late April is 87 degrees. Yes, the evenings get much cooler (high 50's-60's).
Are you only swimming at night?
April is one of the two best months for Phoenix weather-wise.

Old Jan 16th, 2002, 04:57 AM
Felice

Nope, we'll be swimming in the daytime. I was just worried that the nighttime temps would cool down the pool. Thanks for responding!

Do you happen to know if you can make the Grand Canyon a day trip?

Old Feb 1st, 2002, 02:43 PM
just curious

Yes, you can do the Grand Canyon in one day. It will be a long day, but will be worthwhile. Rather than drive yourself contact Gray Line Tours, Southwest Tours or Open Road and let them take you up there.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 07:00 AM
just curious

Forgot to respond to your swimming question. You should be fine swimming in April. I live in the area and have a pool that isn't heated. Depending on the weather, I'm able to swim in April during the day without having the pool heated. So bring your suits and swim away.

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 08:35 AM
canyon

Hmmm. A day trip to the GC from Phoenix? To each his own, but I wouldn't do it. You're talking about a car/bus ride of 4-5 hours each way. So how much time does that leave you at the Canyon?

Old Feb 5th, 2002, 10:22 AM
ttttttttttt

ttttttttt