Frequent Air travel help!!!!

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 04:48 PM
Bonnie

Frequent Air travel help!!!!

In the upcomming year i will be needing to travel frequently to Oklahoma (until december) and then to Kansas from then on. I will be leaving from the Washington DC/Baltimore area. Does anyone have ANY hints or leads on how i can get those tickets cheap!?!?! Thanks a lot!!!

Old Jul 27th, 2000, 06:42 PM
John

Southwest from Baltimore to either Tulsa or Oklahoma City would be my choice. Probably would involve a stop/change in Houston or Nashville, but very reasonable fares (esp. last minute!)!

Old Jul 28th, 2000, 01:00 AM
Cal

I would definitely use Southwest if possible. They have reasonable fares and also have the best frequent flyer program around. It only takes 4 round trips in 12 months to earn a free round trip ticket if you buy your tickets on their web site. The beauty of their Rapid Rewards is that your free tickets are the equivalent of a full fare non restricted ticket and may be used anywhere that they fly. Actually they give you 2 one way coupons that is better than a round trip. Each coupon gives you a free ticket to wherever you want to go regardless of the number of flights you need to take to get there.

We just saved $2700.00 on a trip last month for 3 of us by using their free Rapid Rewards tickets. We earned the tickets with 12 r/t flights that cost less than $1400.00 from San Jose/San Diego.

Old Jul 28th, 2000, 04:31 PM
Bonnie

Thank you for the advice. I looked at southwest and had heard they were best before but i can't find any really good deals yet. They seem to price them all one way and when you add it up for round trip even the cheapest flight is about 350.00...any more advice. I heard i could get flights to kansas and oklahoma for like 120 bucks! ??

Old Jul 29th, 2000, 04:33 AM
John

I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but if Southwest can't get you there cheaply then I doubt it can be done! From DC to Kansas or Oklahoma for $120 roundtrip sounds pretty unreasonable, actually...I'd guess $200-250 roundtrip would be more in line with reality given today's high fuel costs.

Old Jul 29th, 2000, 02:12 PM
texasgirl

if you are at all flexible on when you can fly, go to www.smarterliving.com and sign up for their email alerts on netsaver fares. they will send you an email once a week with all that week's internet specials from the major airlines. $120 sounds a bit too low to expect, but you ought to be able to get between those two destinations for $139-169. only catch is, you have to usually depart on friday night or saturday, and return on monday or tuesday, and the flights are usually good either that weekend or the next.