Freaky Friday Rants and Raves Oct. 14

Search

Search this Thread

Old Oct 13th, 2005, 07:58 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Rant: The heart of nuclear reactors containing "weapons grade highly enriched uranium" on college campuses in all parts of the US have been easily accessed by college journalism students carrying large bags capable of carrying bombs to blow up the reactors. One reactor was within 200 yards of a 80,000 seat football stadium. ABC's PrimeTime exposed this. Its one of the most eye opening reports I have ever seen.

Rave: Whistle blowers may save America.

Rave: I found some fantastic door length shutters for my front door on the internet which arrived this week. They are the best I have ever seen.

Rant: Thousands of lady bugs have invaded the house again. They are crawling on my screen right now. The vacuum cleaner is working overtime.
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 08:18 PM

Rave: RANDOM ACTS OF KINDNESS!!!!
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 08:25 PM

Thank Goodness it is almost Friday!

Rave: Just got back from our honeymoon in Kauai. Trip report coming up as soon as I get it done this weekend.
Gorgeous!

Rave: I moved to a 9:80 work-week and have Monday off! YEA!

Rave: My 19 month-old nephew got on the phone tonight and said "Love you Auntie Alisa"!!!!!! He is a genius, that one.

Rant: Enough war and natural disaters for a while!

Rant: I am going to be paying my student loans until I am in my 70's.
Yep, one lotto ticket for this weekend.

Old Oct 13th, 2005, 08:30 PM

Rave: I'm going to Carmel for the weekend.

Rave: I love lady bugs.

Rant: Lady bugs in a vacuum.
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 08:33 PM
bonniebroad

Rant: The score of the NC State/Clemson football game tonight!

Rave: My sweet friend, who was given two $40 tickets to the game by one of HER sweet friends, shared one of them with me, and we had a wonderful time!

Rave: North Carolina State Fair starting tomorrow, with beautiful weather for it! Three friends and DH & I will arrive about 4 pm, stay until closing. Such a silly, nilly thing to do for *old children.* Anybody else coming???

Rave: The chill is in the air ... Fall is coming! YES!

Rave: Going to New England to celebrate my DGD's birthday in three weeks!

Happy weekend, all!

Old Oct 13th, 2005, 08:36 PM

RAVE: random acts of kindness!!!!
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 08:42 PM

Greetings to my fellow friendly Fodorites ~

Rave ~ MaiTaiTom’s continuing Italian trip report, what a wonderfully delightful good read. It has brought joy to my heart and assisted me (ha) with last week's withdrawal as I concluded some very recent excellent books. Grazzie MaiTai, grazzie.

Rave ~ STW’s thread on ‘what to wear to the GTG’, it was so cute and very silly and it made me laugh during my insomnia moments last night. Thanks STW.

Rave ~ 104 days until our own Italian adventure, yippee!

Rave ~ My darling and I celebrate our second wedding anniversary in a couple days. What an honor it is to share each day with him. (Man, do I still sound like a newlywed or WHAT!)

Rant ~ Just one very sad rant, four Amish children from Minnesota were diagnosed with Polio this week. I am so sorry for these little ones. It breaks my heart so much.

I hope everyone has a wonderful weekend, be safe.

Thought for the day: Attitude is everything!

Hugs to you all.
Cin, cin
Tiff
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 08:44 PM

OH, it's almost Friday here too!

Rave: found 5 organized tours to Israel, now I need to pick 1 I like the most, and 1 just in case I get bumped, heard from others it happens.

Rave: so much fun to fantasize about the next vacation! And it's not just ANY vacation, it's THE HOLY LAND!!

Mini-rant: Hebrew is difficult to learn, my memory is bad...
Old Oct 13th, 2005, 11:20 PM

Rave: Faina - Congratulations on your trip to Israel. You sound so excited to go (I know I would be). It's so much fun to plan and look forward to that next trip.

Rant: Hope that Mother Nature lets up for a while. So many people have suffered this year from hurricanes, earthquakes, etc. Prayers for all those in Pakistan and continued thoughts for the Gulf Coast as they start to rebuild.

Rave: Beautiful weather here in So. Calif. Warm during the day but feels like Fall in the evenings.

Rave: Having both my daughters and their boyfriends here for a visit last weekend. They are all such wonderful young adults and fun to hang out with.

Rant: Have to clean the garage out this weekend-what a project!

Rant: My ex-husband has been diagnosed with dementia at age 62. My daughter's are very upset. Most of his family is far away except for us. I am trying to help out as my daughter's at 18 and 22 are pretty young to be handling his affairs. It's early stages but already he needs help with paperwork, etc. Patrick, would love to get some advice from you as I know you are dealing with this also.

Rave: All the people on this forum who are so supportive.
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 02:15 AM

Rave: Friday!

Rant: Weather has not been great (Bonniebroad--we will try to order up some beautiful fall weather for your visit).

Rave- Up until this week, the weather has been great.

Rant: My weekend will be spent correcting projects. As much as I love creating them and they are "fun"(more fun than regular schoolwork anyway)for the kids, when it come time to correct them I say to myself, "what was I thinking??? Actually they are fun and you get to see the creative side of some of the quieter kids and that is cool.

Rant: Nuclear reactors!
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 03:12 AM

First time back on FFRR after a hiatus - due to too many rants. Hate to be negative.

Rave - things are beginning to sort out. Rollar coasters aren't as much fun any more - especially when it's an emotional rollar coaster one is on

Rave - good friends who lend an ear to hear it all

Rave - good therapist who help keep things in perspective

Rave - good "friends" on this forum who entertain those of us just "lurking" and support one another (almost unconditionally)

Rave - beautiful, warm, "shorts weather" in one of the prettiest towns in the country. I'm celebrating my birthday in Savannah this weekend...get ready Pink House!!!

Saw an ad for a "Paula Deen" trolley tour. I may just have to check that one out.

Happy weekend, Fodorites!
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 03:13 AM

Happy birthday tomorrow, Jocelyn P!

Emoticon experts - feel free to add cake or other appropriate cuties!
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 03:40 AM

Rave: Just got back from a wonderful visit with 82 y/o Dad who looks/acts 20 years younger.

Rant: Don't get to see him often enough.

Rave: Competed successfully at bonniebroad's aforementioned N.C. State Fair in the horse show with my new horse Bailey. He got 2 seconds, a third, and a fifth in big classes.

Rant: It's starting to get chilly here.

Rave: We leave next Thursday for 3 weeks in Grenada/Carriacou.
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 04:18 AM

Rant: Darwin

Rave: The Flying Spaghetti Monster! We are all touched by his noodly appendage!

Old Oct 14th, 2005, 04:33 AM
P_M

Rave: I worked a couple of days this week in the dust bowl. That's what I call the city where my job is moving to next year. This is a rave because I enjoyed seeing all of the nice people in that office. Everyone made a point of telling me how they would love for me to move out there next year when my job goes there. It is nice to know I'm wanted, but I don't know if I could adjust to life in a small desert city that's so far from everything. I love Austin because it's green and beautiful.

Rave: Because of my trip to the dust bowl, I now have enough credits for a free ticket on SW Air. Under the circumstances it doesn't make any practical sense to go anywhere, but DH and I are thinking about taking a weekend trip anyway to escape the stress we've been under.

Rave: Fall weather!! YIPPEE!! We've almost completely stopped using the A/C.

Hugs and happy weekend to all my cyber pals.
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 04:39 AM

It's pretty sad when I can only think of rants to start off with. Hmmm...I know...

Rave: I'm alive!
Rave: It's Friday and payday!
Rave: Spending the weekend in VT
Rave: Next weekend is the annual girls shopping trip in North Conway, NH. I can't wait!!!
Rave: Weather looks like it's going to be a perfect fall weekend next weekend. Hooray!

Rant: Will it ever stop raining??
Rant: Last weekend at camp in VT will be a rainy one
Rant: I heard the awful 4 letter word--S__W--is possible Sunday night. NOOOOOOO!
Rant: We got jipped this peak foliage season. It's been raining the whole darn time so it's hindering the beautiful views.
Rant: It's weird to just pick up and go away for the weekend without having to ask someone to take care of our Hector
Rant: I still miss him so much it hurts!
Rant: Guest lists are pain in the arse!
Rant: Fibromyalgia is no picnic either!

Ok, feel a little better now.
Happy weekend everyone!
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 04:50 AM
GoTravel

Rave: adopting a puppy for Mr.GoTravel!

Rant: don't get him until next Friday!

Rave: Last long run! 20 miles tomorrow then I taper off until the marathon!

Old Oct 14th, 2005, 05:13 AM

RANT: Our MAJOR flooding problems

RANT: I haven't been able to sleep since all this flooding started.

RANT: The LI Sound is in the backyard -- it's high tide at this moment

RANT: It's pouring AGAIN!!!

Sorry.... it's hard to see the bright side to such a horrible situation. I guess we should be thankful we still have electricity since many of our neighbors are out....
Old Oct 14th, 2005, 05:15 AM
bonniebroad

Happy Birthday, Jocelyn P., and many many more!

To you and yours, a wonderful anniversary, Tiff!

Old Oct 14th, 2005, 05:17 AM
cd

Rave: Good doctors and modern medicine that help us take care of our bodies.

Rant: So many natural disasters.

P.M. I know how you feel regarding moving for your job. My husband interviewed out of state, wayyyyyy out of state, in a lovely but isolated town. We went for a weekend and found the people wonderful and friendly, the town clean and scenic but cut off from any large cities unless you drive 400 miles or fly in and out. I had an anxiety attack. My heart was racing, I could not breath and thought I was going to die. I just felt cut off from family and friends. We left the next day and I could finally breath again. Good luck to you.

Hope everyone has a great weekend!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -