Freaky Friday Rants and Raves, April 15th, 2005

Search

Search this Thread

Old Apr 14th, 2005, 07:55 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, this is Jor. I'm using my alternate screen name spelling when Jor doesn't work on my computer.

Rant: Tax form preparation. b-(

Rave: I got my taxes done and in the mail on the 14th.

Rant: My tax payment will be spent in one-millionth of a second.

Rave: The less time it takes Uncle Sam to spend my money means the less I owed.

Comment: I still have not found out about the extent of my diabetes. Its type 2 but I don't know what to do about it until I meet with my doctor next week. I suspect I will need to make some life style changes.
Old Apr 14th, 2005, 08:11 PM

Rave: Lifestyle changes should be embraced and manipulated to be life affirming.

Rave: good luck with the doctors and lifesyle changes.

Rant: People who wouldn't know a random act of kindness if they were hit by on with a sledgehammer.

Ironic comedic note?
lou
Old Apr 14th, 2005, 08:22 PM

Hi jor, I was surprised it was already Friday!
I hope the lifestyle changes are not too drastic, perhaps lots of good things will come from this..hoping so for your sake
Rave: Everything and everyone is fine here so no complaints.
Hoping all goes well for friends with sick children.
Hoping all goes well for friends who want children.
Hoping all goes well for friends who are unwell.

Happy Birthday Statia!!
Old Apr 14th, 2005, 09:12 PM

Statia's birthday? Let's all drop in on her in her island paradise for a tiki party!! HB, Statia!

Rave: Taxes done. Taking a 10-yr-old to NY for the first time. Our cats' favorite sitter has confirmed for our next 3 absences. Friends, both virtual and otherwise.

Rant: Offensive posters.
Old Apr 14th, 2005, 09:59 PM

Rant: It is Friday already, it seems impossible!

Rave: Oh, well not for another hour and fifteen minutes on the westcoast.

Rave: Jor, follow your doctor's advice and make those good life changes and you will feel like a new man. I know several people with Diabetes 2 and once they and their doctor got their program started they felt so much better. Best wishes to you.

Rave: Beautiful friends who are always there for me no matter what. True blessings from heaven.

Rave: I got my taxes filed over two weeks ago.

Rave: My absolutely wonderful trip in Atlanta and Charleston thanks to OWJ and her husband. Their hospitality went beyond description.

Rant: Came home to some unpleasant business problems but such is life.

Rant: The "nasty's" on Fodor's who think they are so clever and impressing everyone. If they only knew.

Prayers: That those that are ill, or going through medical test or have had losses find someway to know that they are in so many peoples thoughts and prayers. May all their news be good news.

Rant: The horrible hotel fire in Paris that is still burning with many lives lost and so many injured.

Rave: Grandsons that bring such joy and pleasure to my life.

Birthday wishes: To Statia, may your birthday be beautiful and your year full of wonderful events!

Old Apr 14th, 2005, 10:17 PM

Rave: Honolulu weather is finally sunny and warm. We had what seems like a lot of grey days this winter.

Rave:... The college application process is done for this family!!! Sent in a deposit check today.

Rant: two kid$ in private univer$itie$ next year...ouch!

Rave: Our taxman dropped off our returns today.

Rant: big check needs to be attached. But...I don't mind the check nearly as much as the time and energy spent in the process of determining its amount. I think I'd be very happy with a flat tax.
Old Apr 14th, 2005, 10:37 PM

Rave:I got to this before Friday became either Sunday or next Monday.

Rave:It just could be Spring here. The weather is turning warmer and next weekend brings a late Passover. We have family coming and more wild king salmon for the feast.

Raveur teenager niece wants to come early in the day to help prepare for the seder. She still finds this a treat.

Rant:GW Bush has Joni MItchell on his iPod. There go icons of my youth. Well, to quote her "we're all captives on the carousel..."

Happy Birthday all you Aires, good health to all and bon voyage to the lucky ones!
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 01:31 AM

Rave: A week of vacation commences today at 2:15 (not a moment too soon)

Rant: Spent this last week emptying out my kitchen so it can be completely gutted for the renovation (just a bit if a struggle)

Rant/Rave: Tomorrow is my birthday and I will spend the morning driving to New Jersey (4.5 hours) ---spending the afternoon and evening in NYC (off B'way and dinner) 8-)

HUGE RANT: Drinking my coffee with skim milk this a. m. because in the craziness of emptying my kitchen I forgot I was out of half and half

Huge Rave: If running out of half and half is my biggest problem, life must be pretty good!
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 03:08 AM
kp

RAVE--My daughter will be home today for her first visit since she moved to NY (from WI).

RAVE--Since I'm picking my daughter up at the airport I'm unable to attend the annual all-staff meeting!!!!
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 03:11 AM

Rave: Lifestyle changes need to take place with all Americans or diabetes will be way too common. The education needs to be before the disease or our healthcare system will be bankrupt.

Rave: Red Sox win,A-Rod sucks, Randy Johnson struggles.
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 03:17 AM

Rave: One month to our Spain vacation
Rant: So much work to do before I go
Rave: The taxes were sent last week and I should get a little back!!!!!
Rave: Judge upheld the patent on the main product manufactured by the company I work for so our jobs are semi secure for a bit longer.
Rant: People will still have to pay outragous amount of money to obtain the product.
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 03:29 AM

Good Friday Morning!

Spring is in full bloom here in Central New Jersey. And the temperatures reflect it.

Rave: DD #1 has second job interview in two weeks. Which means she'll be home from college for a short stop for the interview. One month until she graduates from college!

Rave: DD #2 has chosen her college and is excited and ready to be off to school. She'll be playing soccer for them (a dream of hers).

Rave: New carpeting in the upstairs is in and lovely.

No rants this week. Happy birthday/anniversary to all who are celebrating this week.

Have a great weekend.
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 03:39 AM
bluestructure

Rave: The tax forms are in the mail!

Rant: The check is in the mail!

Rave: TGIF!

Rave: The most beautiful sunrise this morning driving to work!

Old Apr 15th, 2005, 03:45 AM
dcespedes

Jorr, I wish you well.

Happy Birthday to you Statia!

Rave: Enjoyed a wonderful trip to beautiful Naples, FL last weekend.

Rave: Leaving for Houston today.

Rave: Dry by Augusten Burroughs... and whoever the posters were on this board who recommended it!

Rave: The posters on this board! I sincerely appreciate all the information and assistance you provide whether or not it's travel related!

Rant: When hair coloring goes awry

Enjoy a nice weekend, everyone! >-

Old Apr 15th, 2005, 04:03 AM

Rave: husband got a huge bonus last December.
Rant: he surrendered a lot of it for taxes, figuring we'd be taxed on something I inherited.
Rave: we didn't have to pay on the inheritance, so the feds will be giving us a big refund. (Did have to pay extra to the state, however.)

Rave: won't be posting next Friday because we'll be on a plane for San Antonio! Had some free tickets and our 11th anniversary is 4/23. Will be staying at the Hilton along the Riverwalk. Really looking forward to everything.
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 04:08 AM
cd

Happy Birthday Statia and Eeva!
Continued Get Well thoughts for Jor.

Rave: Beautiful sunshine this morning.
Rave: No rants today.
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 04:25 AM

Rave: We had a great family vacation in Sedona last week.

Rave: my babies turn 3 and 5 this month (same day, believe it or not). They are the perfect ages right now!

Rave: planning two fun birthday parties

Rave: DH finished the taxes weeks ago.

Rant: the Paris fire. Heartbreaking.

Rant: all my cyberfriends who are experiencing pain, both emotional and physical.
Old Apr 15th, 2005, 04:39 AM

Rant: Recycling my first ever federal income tax return for 1st quarter '05 estimated taxes.

Rant: >$1000. for repairs and maintenence to prepare the Subaru (only 15.6k mi) for its journey to Mexico.

Rave/Rant: First follow-up lab visit today after 2+ months of Lipitor - hoping for a LDL <100.

Rave: Moving to SMdA next Friday. I'm taking the wine and the dog in the car.

Rant: The US stock market.

Rave: Great extended Spring weather continues in DFW.

M

Old Apr 15th, 2005, 04:49 AM

RANT: Govt proposing legislation to censor pay cable tv and satellite, with probably the internet to follow...this would mean shows like the Sopranos, etc would be censored for language etc even though you are paying to watch it...We have V-chips already, so parents can control this themselves but no one sees to use them much and the religios right wing seems to insist on controlling everyone's choices.

RAVE: There is opposing legislation called Bill "HR 1440" and I am writing my congressman to express my support of this bill.

RAVE: You can find your representative by going to http://www.house.gov/writerep/ and you put in your zip code...

Old Apr 15th, 2005, 04:51 AM

Rave: The return of warm weather.

Rave: 10,000 fugitives taken off the streets in 4 days. I prefer not to think about what that type of event really implies about how our national intellect is viewed in political circles.

Rant: Yankees have started slow.

Rave: Looking on the bright side as last year they started off 1-6 against the Red Sox and this year they are 3-3.

Rant: Miscreant fans who've had too much to drink and decide to become part of the story. Worse are those who the next day will defend them in the name of a rivalry.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -