Freaky Friday rants and raves 9-9-05

Search

Search this Thread

Old Sep 8th, 2005, 07:27 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I think we need to stay away from the NOLA and Katrina debate this week on FFR&R and get back to keeping in touch with each other and our all-be-it small but personal Rants and Raves.

Rave: I installed a new front door this week and it looks really nice. Now I need to keep my dog off of it. ((&))

Rant: That lawn just keeps on growing faster than I can mow it.
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 07:45 PM

Jeez, Jorr,

you get earlier and earlier every week

I need to get in the 'Friday' mood before I post

See you tomorrow!
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 08:07 PM

Rave: On vacation and off to beautiful Oregon. Yippeee.
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 08:24 PM

Hi jorr, of course you know it is still Thursday evening in N CA but saw your post and wanted to say hello!

I am still working on finding a painter for the exterior of the house. Got a name today but evidently this fellow is not licensed or insured. Sigh!

Rave: Unlike most Septembers here in the Sacramento Valley the weather has been cool and crisp.

Rant: What is with the strong wind we are having? Not fun!

Rave: Thanks to my daughter and SIL got rid of more unnecessary items I had. They took them to their house as they did the same "clean sweep". Salvation Army will come and pick them up,

Rant: How do we end up with so much "stuff" LOL. I am making sure anything I buy from now on is really needed, beautiful and useful.

Rave: The nurses that are giving my dear friend from the time we were 14 years old the care and help she needs as the cancer as spread throughout her body. God bless our nurses.

Rant: What has happened to my dear friend. Say a prayer for her please.

Wishing everyone good health, good lives and lots of joy.
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 08:26 PM

Greetings dear FFR&R'ers

Rave ~ FFR&R, thanks always jorr.

Rave ~ The Agassi – Blake US Open match 24 hours ago, MAN, was that good tennis and I so deeply LOVE it, bring it on!

Rave ~ My contractors that are oh so very punctual & always show up when they say they’re going to show up… NOT !

Rave ~ (LOL) That I can laugh at that lonely table saw with no ‘sawer’ present to saw a thing, ha.

Rave ~ Did cha know smiles & laughing burn calories?

To LoveItaly >< (For B.)

To PM ~ still thinking of you doll and the job search.

To CAPH ~ sending well family wishes your way.

Rave ~ Jorr has a new door!

Rave ~ People’s hearts and the outpouring of generosity warm me to the gills!

Rave ~ Laughter, sarcasm, even eye rolling, anything that gets us through the tough moments, that is a big rave, and a blessing!

Best wishes to all of you and have a good weekend! Tiff
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 08:57 PM

Rave: our congresswoman Barbara Lee for organizing a relief effort.

Rant:the governator for his veto on the same-sex marriage bill in California for gawd's sake!!!!

Rant: some posters on this board who have been particularly vicious in the wake of Katrina

Rave: three weeks until NYC and The Berkshires!!!!!
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 09:13 PM

Good to see you here jorr, congrats on the door
Rave:
FodorFriends
Rave:
Great weather for the entire time we have been here in Portland. It is going to change and I am ready for it.
I Portland LOL
Pup Rave :
Pup found a doggy day care place where he can run amok with other dogs in a safe place with people watching over him ((&)) Pup Portland
Bighugs to you LoveItaly

Old Sep 8th, 2005, 10:35 PM

Hi travelers

Rave: travel to Hawaii.

Rave: travel to Alaska a few weeks ago.

Rant: travel back home to my small hometown, but I do look forward to spending time with my Aunt in New Jersey, she represents the very positive side of our clan, my grandma and pap pap's daughter.

Rave: to the great numbers of us that are helping those less fortunate.

Rave: I met my first internet friend tonight, and it went really well!

Rave: The crazed posters that have the energy to keep going and going and going. The word nina comes to mind, yes, she's still around on other boards

Rave: the antelope squirrels in my back yard and my neighnor's cat that just sits and stares
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 10:56 PM

Could you hold onto that good weather for just another week, Scarlett?
Old Sep 8th, 2005, 11:11 PM

Rant: Our law enforcement officials found pot plants in our hills today. Street value of 40.5 million.

Rave. Our law enforcement officials found pot plants in our hills today. Street value of 40.5 million. I have lost track of the number of times these marjuana farms have been found in our area. It is getting to be a monthly occurrence. But bless the agencies for doing such a great job.

Well at least I know what all the helicoptors overhead were about this morning. Between that and Travis AFB our skies are not always quiet.

And hugs to you dear Scarlett. I look forward to being in Portland with my family and seeing you and giving precious Pup lots of treats.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 02:36 AM

Rave: Had a peaceful long weekend with my dear husband.

Rant: I miss my sons.

Challenge: The group of kids that I work with.

Rant: Fodor friends who are suffering sadness or difficult times (LoveItaly, special thoughts to you! PM, I hope your days become brighter. CAPH, never stop thinking about you and your family. MMS, how's that boy of yours?)

Rave: Fodor friends who make me smile

September 11th Always in our memory.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 03:00 AM

Received 79 Likes on 8 Posts
Rave - we're back safe and sound from our trip around the world - into the slobbery embrace of Mr. Dog, the welcome of our own washing machine and bed, unlimited internet access, and the comfort of things familiar and loved ones close by.

Rant - we're back.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 03:27 AM

Good morning from Central New Jersey. Another lovely day forcasted here. Unfortunately, we haven't had rain for weeks and everything is brown and dying. Figures, doesn't it?

Rave: The kind thoughtful friends of Fodors and the outpouring of relief.

Rave: Saw college child last weekend at a soccer game. (They won) It should be illegal for kids to have so much fun at college. Still miss her sorely, though.

Rave: Ireland trip now less then one month away.

Rave: Almost 16 year old daughter out of horrible funk. We might keep her now. And, we are planning a sixteenth birthday party for her later this month. Thanks for all the support when she was being a brat.

My prayers for all who are in sorrowful times. This too shall pass. God bless.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 03:38 AM

Rave: Last year I adopted a pup from a high kill shelter. She was diagnosed with cancer and given a very poor prognosis. Today, that dog who is now certified as a therapy dog, will be visiting a home for the elderly and she has been tapped to work with the children evacuated to our area from the Gulf Coast.
Rave: That people can disagree and still be friends.
Rave: The people willing to sacrifice their own safety and health to protect and rescue others. Cops, firemen, EMS, electrical repair workers, soldiers, Red Cross, Salvation Army, humane society workers...the real rave is that the list goes on and on. There are so many more good people than bad.
Rave: We have another chance to prove to ourselves and the world that we are a great nation.

Bless those victimized by this horrible disaster. Prayers of rememberance for the tragic losses of 9/11. Peace to all of you suffering pain and unhappiness in your lives.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 04:05 AM

RAVE: My Pats and Red Sox.

Rave: Tom Brady. Such a great person that remains so humble. And a heck of a QB.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 04:25 AM

Rave: great weather! Had a 20-mile bike ride yesterday afternoon, then still had time to do laundry and make a nice meal.

Rave: football
Rant/Rave: In the office pool I drew the Saints. Any other year I might have grumbled.

Rave: still feeling good from the Labor Day weekend.

Anything else is too trivial to mention.

Best wishes to all Fodor friends who are facing difficult times.
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 04:26 AM

Rave: All the resue workers who have saved/are saving lives, human and animal, in the hurricane damaged areas.

Rave: Going shopping in Orlando tomorrow!

Rave: Just about 2 months away from India trip!

Rant: Ophelia. I sure hope it just goes out to sea and stays there.

LoveItaly--thoughts and prayers for your friend.

Have a happy Friday and Weekend everyone!

Old Sep 9th, 2005, 04:28 AM

Also--that's wonderful to hear about your pup, cmcfong!
Old Sep 9th, 2005, 04:31 AM

Rave: Jorr's sensitive way of bringing us back to the table for our usual keeping-in-touch discussions.

Rave: as usual, the kind and caring people on this board.

Rave: We leave for our cross-country migration in less than a week! Our house sale closed on Tuesday and the new home is now officially ours.

Rant: Our Toronto house is so filled with boxes we can't find the stairs.

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Old Sep 9th, 2005, 04:40 AM
cd

"My contractors that are oh so very punctual & always show up when they say they’re going to show up… NOT !"

Tiff, oh how I can relate! It has taken 4 months for our lower level to be completed.

Rave: Lower level is complete!!! Well, almost, still some special lighting for the pool table and some shelves but I can start decorating!!!!

Prayers for LoveItaly and all fodorites going thru tough times.

Happy weekend to all!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -