Search

Freaky Friday Rants and Raves 3-18-05

Search this Thread

Old Mar 17th, 2005, 08:11 PM
jor
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freaky Friday Rants and Raves 3-18-05

Rant: The person who is trying to sell an American Flag which he claims was flying over the Pentagon on 9-11. It has been proven to be a lie.

Rave: Scott Peterson is getting what he deserves.

Rant: Senators who have sold their souls to pharmaceutical corporations.

Rant: Professional baseball players who lie about their drug use with excuses even a six year old would not believe.
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 08:22 PM

Well, I guess I have the honor of being next, even though it is not Friday on the west coast.

Rave: Judge DeLucca of the Scott Peterson trial.

Rant: How Laci Peterson's family will ever completely recover from this horrific tragedy.

Rave: The highschool my grandson will be attending in September. Truly a fantastic group of educators from the principal to the band leader to all the teachers and support employees.

Rave: Beautiful friends who are always supportive and willing to listen.

Rave: The way our downtown district in Vacaville is improving day by day.

Rave: So many beautiful, kind and interesing people here on Fodors.

Happy weekend everyone. May all your dreams come true.
Old Mar 17th, 2005, 08:26 PM

Rant: I'm not working today
Rave: I'm not working today
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 01:28 AM

Rant = For some reason, Fodors stopped recognizing me as Eva so I became the alter ego Eeva.

Raves =
The muscle spasms that had me out of commission last week are gone.

It's Friday so I get to wear jeans to work (not sure why that always makes me SO happy).

Made my first of many decisions for a kitchen renovation (this is going to be hard).

Hawaii in July woohoo!

Old Mar 18th, 2005, 02:41 AM

Rave: Had a nice trip to Sarasota.

Rant: Suffering from post-trip blues; will get a trip report together sometime soon.

Rant: My DH *starts* his season of business travel again but this year he has said he will be gone "more than usual" - not a good thing for either of us.

Rant: It's depressing to work with some 5th graders who are hell bent on working their way into the juvenile court system. I swear, some 5th graders are the *new* 12th graders - their actions go beyond their young years. It's just sad.

Safe travels, everyone.
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 03:42 AM

Rave: That my parents, both in their upper 80's, will take their first cruise next month since my mom's stroke a year and a half ago.

Rave: Despite my mother's physically impaired state, I'm so lucky to still have both my parents.

Rave: My 12 year old yellow lab still acts like a puppy!

Rave: Dear friends who honored my 50th birthday in loving and creative ways.

Rant: The moral bankruptcy of the senators who passed the bankruptcy act.

Rant: Propaganda in the form of "fake news" pieces being put out by this administration.

Rave: That my raves outweigh my rants!

Have a good weekend, Fodorites!
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 04:03 AM
cd

RANT: Old bones!

RAVE: It's Friday and a free weekend ahead with nothing planned. Ummmmmm.. shopping?
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 04:06 AM
iceeu2

Rave: Happy Birthday to me

Rave: The Scott Peterson sentencing

Rant: Laziness

Rave: I get to have birthday cake tomorrow also, since it's the SIL's bd..

Old Mar 18th, 2005, 04:11 AM
dcespedes

Rave: My youngest brother and his family arrive this Sunday and will stay the week!

Rant: I feel as though I'm getting sick--again! Awoke at 3A barely able to swallow my throat is so sore and I could barely breathe. Does anyone have any natural type remedies they care to share?

Rave: The prospect of going to Alaska in June!!!

Rant: Senators who won't agree to raise minimum wage.

Rave: Beautiful weather, the trees are in bloom, the lizards have emerged

Rave: Jocelyn_P is coming to town this weekend!

Enjoy a nice weekend! >-

Old Mar 18th, 2005, 04:12 AM
dcespedes

Happy Birthday to you, Iceeu2!

Old Mar 18th, 2005, 04:14 AM

Rant: My son practiced for his part in the school play for months. Then he came down with pneumonia the day before the play. He hasn't been sick all winter.

Rave: He's getting better and returned to school today!

Rave: I just snagged two RT tickets to Tampa from Buffalo for $103!!! Whoo hoo, I'm getting away for a few days. Not bad, since I didn't think we were going anywhere this spring.

Have a great weekend everyone!
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 04:15 AM

I meant to say $103 per person. Not bad, huh?
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 04:24 AM

i2 -

Happy "New Year"!
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 04:26 AM

Rave: Two weeks until Vegas.

Rant: Far too much to do between now and then. Probably doesn't help that I find this board interesting.

Rant: GM's announcement 2 days ago could be a signal of bad things for the economy.

Rave: GM's annoucement 2 days ago could be a signal of a boom in my firm's business.

Observation: LoveItaly's comment about the Laci Peterson's family and their ability to fully recover. I don't think parents ever never fully recover from losing a child, at least my parent's haven't. You learn to accept it, you cope with it, but I don't believe a day passes where you don't feel the loss. The pain subsides, it doesn't go away. I pray that none of you will ever experience this in your immediate family.

Sorry, didn't mean to give a sermon.
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 04:27 AM

Good for you Buffalo Girl.
What a great price!

Rant. I'm soooo sick of winter.

Rave. I do believe spring might actually be on the way.... finally.
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 04:42 AM
GoTravel

Rave: Supposed to get back in the 70s by Sunday!

Rave: This has been a short winter!

Rave: Scott Peterson's sentence.

Rant: Scott Peterson.

Rant: Disease, poverty, hunger, and religious intolerance.

Old Mar 18th, 2005, 04:43 AM

Rant: Calling the Medicaid office in Miami this week, instead of the usual greeting in Spanish first then English saying to press 1 for Spanish, 2 for English, I actually got a human being right off. She spoke in Spanish. I tried to ask for help in English. She kept replying "No habla English". I asked if someone did speak English. She repeated her Spanish phrase, clearly not able to even understand what I was asking. This happened several times until she hung up on me. It used to be that people who worked in those office were required to be bi-linqual. It seems that is no longer a requirement. They only need to speak one language -- Spanish.

Rave: On a second call I got a woman who did speak English, who followed my problem with billing for my mother, and actually cleared off the charge that shouldn't be there. She then gave me her "private number" so I could call direct to her in the future. That was amazing!

Rant: Robert Blake was acquitted?

Rave: Scott Peterson will fry.

Rave: The day long rains in Florida are over. Heading to the beach for my 3 mile walk (missed it yesterday) and my morning stop at Starbucks. Life is good.

Old Mar 18th, 2005, 04:46 AM

rave:
just located and spoke to another shipmate from fifty years ago.

rant: none, not even travdis.
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 04:54 AM

One more Rant: I fear we've reached a point where "spin" and shaping the story has replaced fact from the national debate on key issues. The actual facts are no longer paramount to most. We're now more concerned with who told us those facts. The latest example being the issues discussed with the new consumer bankruptcy law.
Old Mar 18th, 2005, 04:55 AM
bamakelly

RAVE, RAVE, RAVE: Leaving for the airport (I hope) in a few hours for MIAMI. First time out of town for my DH in over a year!

RANT: Despite all our preparations, a last minute emergency came up last night. He will likely have to delay the trip, following me down tomorrow. There is a small chance he won't get to go at all. Crossing my fingers and hoping that for once Murphys Law will not apply.

RAVE: "Met" a bunch of Fodorites from Alabama this week!

RAVE: Scott Peterson deal is OVER (minus appeals). What a jerk.

RAVE: My child is staying at my mom's for 5 days. Adults only! For five days! Woohoo!!

RANT: I'll miss him.

Have a great weekend everyone! I'm off to Miami soon!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -