Freaky Friday Rants & Raves 12-23

Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 06:35 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Freaky Friday Rants & Raves 12-23

Rave: Postal Service point-and-click pickup service at my door. Not so sure about the guy who picks it up though. He looks like a mass murderer and he doesn't like me because of my frequent pickup orders. If I stop posting you will know why. The mail man did it !

Rave: living in a very rural area and having nearly every modern convenience.

Rave: being able to use my local bank ATM card as a credit card.

Rave: the internet. I could not have moved back to this rural area and make a living without it.

Rave: Bill Gates. My favorite billionaire and humanitarian.

Rant: My health insurance premium when up $66 per month. My real estate taxes went up 34.6%. My income is still the same and my house isn't getting any newer.

Rant: Have to put up with my short tempered alcoholic brother for Christmas again. Ever wonder why some people don't look forward to Holidays? I hope he calls in sick. But I wish everyone a Merry Christmas/Happy Holidays.
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 06:53 PM

Hi jorr!! Happy Holidays!

Rave:
Christmas in Portland Oregon.
The Yankee.
My children are in other countries having fun.
My son is coming home !!!!!!

Nothing really worth ranting about, lucky me.

( Oh and this is my 4th year on Fodors, I started posting after Sept 2001

Merry Christmas, Happy New Year to All ~

Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 07:01 PM

Rave: A white Christmas!

Rant: My beloved baby brother won't be home for Christmas.

Rave: I get my daughter home from college for a whole month!

Merry Xmas All!
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 07:24 PM

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post
Hi Jorr, You are early this week!!
Rave: Christmas and the whole holiday joy!
Rant: Christmas and the whole holiday gift mess!
I have shopped myself to death and I am not the shopper. Everyone is getting stuff they will hopefully like. I am very grateful that I have two great kids who really did not ask me for anything. They are really so wonderful. I am blessed. We are having Christmas at home with no visitors!!!Yeah!!! We are visiting family afterwards and that will be hectic, but hopefully fun??
Merry Christmas to all and safe travels!!! Happy Hannaka (can't spell sorry) to everyone who is celebrating!
Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:13 PM
bonniebroad

RAVE: My eight year old granddaughter, with her Mom & Dad, arrives tomorrow, and I'm so excited ..... I can't sleep! Cookie dough is ready to roll and cut; blue and white rock candy, marshmallows, pound cake dome are ready to make Igloo cake ... and believe it or not, I found penguins! Everything is DONE! I will enjoy my DGD, make her Dad's favorite turkey dinner for Christmas day, and just enjoy going swimming, ice skating, to the IMAX for "Polar Express" AGAIN! What a blessing it will be to have them here for five full days!

I want to wish all my dear Fodorville friends a very Merry Christmas, and to say what a pleasure it is to chat with you guys every Friday! Have a fun and festive Christmas Day!!!

Old Dec 22nd, 2005, 10:40 PM

Rant: This week at work was a burn...
Rave: It's all but forgotten now because I'm off until the new year, and am looking forward to a peaceful Christmas at home.

Merry Christmas, Fodorites!
Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 01:07 AM

Rave: My siblings and I used to meet for Christmas at my Dad's home until he passed away in 2003. Last year we all did Christmas separately (us in Bangkok), but this year all of them are coming here to Hawaii. 13 are here and 3 more arrive tomorrow! We've got Christians, agnostics, Muslims, Mormons and Jews and we all have so much fun together. But no ham or bacon!

Rant: I'm still recovering from my India trip, and cleaning house was exhausting. Will anyone even notice I just did the surface stuff? Why would they care...its Hawaii and the weather is 80`!!!

Merry Christmas & Happy Chanukkah Everyone!
Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 02:39 AM

Happy Holidays Everyone!

Jorr -- Stay on good terms with that postal worker.

Rant -- Just the annual "I can't believe I am not done shopping."

Rave -- As of 2:15 today I am off 'til the new year.

Rave -- Eighth graders who reaffirm that not all "kids these days" are spoiled and inconsiderate. In addition to teaching, I work with a group of "peer leaders" at our school and watching them work on a project this past week, I had the pleasure of witnessing acts of sensitivity and maturity that really touched me. Very happy the project is over though as it was a ton of work.
Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 03:18 AM
Si0

Rave: The NYC transit strike is over.

Rave: Leaving for a week in Berlin on Sunday.

Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 03:47 AM

Rave: I'm at work, I'm caught up, and I'm going play all morning on the computer, until I'm off at 11:30 !

Rave: 4 years olds make Christmas magical !

Rave: Watching my son's eyes light up over new bottles of play doh from his babysitter, and him giving her an unprompted thank you and kiss...my weepy eyes !

Rave: I'm breaking out the Christmas cookies today, and for the next week will eat whatever I want, when I want it !

Rave: Everyone's home, safe, happy, and ready to start the holidays.

Merry Christmas, and holiday wishes from Nova Scotia Canada ! Cheers everyone !
Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 04:02 AM

A Merry Christmas From me to all of you, even you Jorr;-) .

Rave: Looking forward to Christmas with my in-laws in Ohio, gotta 6:05AM flight Saturday.
Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 04:28 AM

Hello and Happy Holidays Everyone!
It's been a while since I was able to post on a FFR&R because work has been crazy and I have been traveling!

Rave: Leave today for a cruise! I can't wait to go somewhere warm and tropical!

Rave: Was able to travel to Alaska and India this year, plus the cruise! Possible trip to Hawaii this February!

Rant: Work will be crazier than ever for three weeks after I return from the holiday because of an event we are doing.

Rave: Family is healthy and I have a second nephew on the way!

Hope everyone has a very nice holiday and a happy new year!

Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 04:32 AM
GoTravel

Rave: Happy Holidays, Merry Christmas, Happy Kwanza, Happy Hanukah and ....

HAPPY FESTIVUS!!!

Rave: Done with shopping until we exchange presents in two weeks with my stepchildren.

Rave: Riding around looking at the lights.

Rave: The six foot pink flamingos are back in my yard!

Rave: Christmas lights on Palm trees.

Rave: Mr.GoTravel and I were able to help a needy family.

Rave: Friends, loved ones, and holiday cheer!

Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 04:35 AM

Rave: There's a lot of good information on this board. I enjoy the friendly banter, differing opinions... and recipes

Wishing those of us hitting the road over the holidays safe travel.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone! >-
Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 04:41 AM
cd

Jorr
You might want to give that postal service guy a Christmas tip I read that the Postal Service frowns on huge tips and suggest $20.00 as appreciation. Just a thought....

Rave: Family and friends
Rave: Husband and I are having a slumber party tonight. Just the two of us! We have a huge TV screen in our lower level with a sleeper sofa in front. Decided we would pull it out tonight and watch a bunch of our favorite movies with our favorite drinks!
Rave: Holidays and Holiday spirit.
Merry Christmas/Happy Hanukka
to all.
Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 04:53 AM

Rant: I got an email looking for help placing a twelve year old cat who was a "loving companion, the best cat ever". Author: a woman who had owned the cat for her entire life. She had just recently bought a rv so she could travel and she didn't want to take the cat. She had decided to put the cat down if she wasn't placed by Dec. 23.
Rave: Cat has a new home.
Rant: People who think pets are expendable. Don't buy, give or encourage pets as Christmas gifts unless the new owner really understands the obligations.
Rave: Pets forgive.
Best wishes for the holiday season! Peace .
Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 05:03 AM
iceeu2

Giant Rave: Went to see my "estranged" friend last evening. We both talked as if we had never had a little tiff(3 years ago), plus, she said that I have given her the best Christmas present ever by coming back into the "family".

Rant: I have only 2 gifts wrapped! I think it is going to be a very late night tonight!

MERRY CHRISTMAS

Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 05:11 AM

A Big Rave to cmcfong for giving or helping to find a home for a twelve year old cat. Animals that age are usually passed over.
Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 05:20 AM
GoTravel

cmc, the woman is an ASS.

geez.

Old Dec 23rd, 2005, 05:26 AM
JJ5

Rave: No work or campus for 10 days, I will remember how to sleep. YEH!

Rave: Two parties here in the next 3 days- my kids are tonight. Hope they like the new tradition I'm going to start: Ricotta Fried Cakes we are going to do together.

Rave: Sunday my birth family and their offspring will all be here, as my brother is home for good from Iraq, and my sister won't start chemotherapy until Jan.2. We are all getting old, but we're all still standing.

Rave: My guy, who helps me so much with Michigan, and that I have all next week to rest there. I couldn't do it without him.

Rant: The wonderful hoarfrost that made everything look like a Tim Burton movie is melted.

Rant: That I always start to feel like I "should have" done the mass Christmas gift glut like everyone else instead of money for school and gifts of shared activities. That marketing does get to you.

Peace and inner serenity despite the random nasty relative to all.

Merry Christmas, Happy Channukah and real love in your future!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -