Reload this Page >

Fox Theatre(Atlanta) & Cabs...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Jan 5th, 2007, 11:41 AM
Cracker

How difficult will it be to get a cab after a show at the Fox? I really would like to priceline for a Midtown Area 3* hotel, but don't want to risk the little legs that will be with me having to walk any great distance.

Old Jan 5th, 2007, 11:52 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You won't have any problem. There is a hotel across the street that can call a cab for you if one is not in front of the Fox after the show.
Old Jan 5th, 2007, 03:58 PM
Cracker

Thanks padams...ended up getting the Sheraton Midtown Colony Square for $60! Woohoo!

Old Jan 7th, 2007, 11:50 AM
Cracker

What restaurant would you recommend to take a 7 & 8 year old before Disney's High School Musical.

Staying at Sheraton Colony Square.

Show at The Fox at 8 pm.

They are not terrible children, but are giggly little girls and will be excited about going to this production and probably won't eat a great deal.

Old Jan 8th, 2007, 03:55 AM
Cracker

ttt for the weekday group.

Old Jan 8th, 2007, 04:22 AM

cracker2, my favorite is Baraonda - great Italian and pizzas - 1/2 block from the Fox

You may want to walk them through the lobby of the tiny Hotel Indigo across the street. Brightly colored oversized Adirondack chairs and funky furniture. If the lobby bar is open, you may grab a hot chocolate or similar before you call the taxi. It's basically in the Georgian Terrace parking lot, so either can call a cab.

You could also jump on MARTA and ride north for a couple of stops.

I park in my church parking lot and so get "free" parking.

Three options about 2-3 blocks away would be -

Mary Mac's Tea Room - a Southern institution - maybe not a big deal for these Southern girls

MuLan - really good Chinese
The greek restaurant at the corner of Piedmont and 5th - can't think of the name of it - it's across the street from Spice.

I think either would be an "exotic" option for little girls for an Atlanta trip. There's a parking lot behind them and you could park your car there and only have about a 2 block walk back to the car if you wanted to do that.

Have fun!
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 04:22 AM

www.baraondaatlanta.com
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 04:26 AM

Sorry, JUNIPER at 5th
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 04:32 AM

If you have never been to the Fox, be sure to build in some time for you and the girls to simply walk around inside the Fox Theatre. Even the bathrooms are exotic. It is a wonderful, beautiful old building. I am going with a girlfriend and we are taking our 2 yr old and 10 yr olds with us. We will probably have dinner at Atlantic Station before the show on Friday night. If you do not have transportation, it may be a bit cumbersome to get there and back to the show, however. If you have extra time, the Varsity is a MUST in Midtown. Your girls will love it.
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 04:43 AM

Hey c2, if you are there on a Saturday, you can take a tour of the Fox at 10 or 11. One hour tour = $10. Really enjoyed it and I bet the girls would too.
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 06:32 AM

Mick's across the street and on the next block south has an extensive, diner-type menu and Really Big Ice Cream Deserts.
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 06:43 AM
Cracker

Is Colony Square Mall actually a mall? Or, is it just shops connected to the Sheraton? I have googled and googled but can't get a hit on Colony Square Mall.

Old Jan 8th, 2007, 06:59 AM

Just shops and a few food court type restaurants that cater to the office crowd. A good Thai restaurant that had a porch opening to 14th street closed recently. My favorite Peasant group restaurant (Mick's, Dailey's, Pleasant Peasant, etc) used to be there but is long gone = The Country Place.

A splurge for the girls would be walking down about a block for tea at the Four Seasons.

You could walk down to 12th and Piedmont Park and have an early dinner at Quattro or one of those restaurants - especially if the weather is nice.

I'd just drive down to near the Fox and get a good parking spot (rather than take a cab).
Old Jan 8th, 2007, 08:55 AM

Colony Square has some mall food court types places, a newstand, etc. It caters to the office crowd, not a real mall. You'll find plenty of shopping and restaurants as well as a movie theatre at Atlantic Station nearby.