Fox Rental Car - Beware!

Search

Fox Rental Car - Beware!

Search this Thread

Old Aug 11th, 2013, 04:45 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Fox Rental Car - Beware!

I booked travel through my most favorite site cheapair.com and Fox Rental in Orlando, FL was promoted as the most competitive price, $138.00 total including taxes. I will NEVER use this awful rental car company again!! My credit card was charged $391.00 for a Camry for 5 days and I didn't take out the insurance. When I called customer service, they were rude and each time I asked for their name, they hang up, 4 times total. I called corporate and went on line to their chat - still no one has called me back. The cars as Fox are beaten up (ours had cigarette burns and chewing gum on the seats) and the staff are rude and mean. Good luck finding someone at Fox that gives a darn too! They are not located in the airports, instead you are subjected to a shuttle bus and then taken to 'shady' areas of town. Good luck finding a car you reserved as if they have the car it will be in poor shape. They are the worst - PERIOD!
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 05:13 AM

"The cars as Fox are beaten up (ours had cigarette burns and chewing gum on the seats)". . . Good luck finding a car you reserved as if they have the car it will be in poor shape. They are the worst -"

I love comments like this. You rented ONE car so you assume ALL their cars are that way and no other agency will ever have a car with similar problems?

I guess I really don't understand this issue. You kept your original confirmation with a price, right? And you kept your contract with the price, right? If the amount charged to your card is different, simply call your credit card and dispute it and let THEM do the work. Did NONE of the four people you called attempt to tell you what the charges were for? Something smells awfully fishy here. What transpired before all four of them hung up on you?
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 05:34 AM

You need to go through your credit card company.
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 08:15 AM

This is a very common scenario with Fox car rental. Not the first time this story has been told. See the other thread re: Fox.

We had an iffy situation with Fox LAX. Returned our car, and later were charged for a broken taillight. We are pretty sure the light wasn't broken when we returned the car. But we paid the $150, because we had no pictures to prove otherwise.

Fox always has the lowest rates. Don't use them.
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 09:03 AM

"Fox always has the lowest rates."

I've certainly not found that to be true.
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 09:33 AM

I always take photos; and I ALWAYS check the car when I get it and return it, and note every ding and scratch on the paperwork. I also bring proof of insurance coverage as a matter of course now, regardless of company I rent from.
(I also look at the final bill before I sign anything.)
Old Aug 11th, 2013, 09:34 AM

That's good, sylvia. Problem with Fox is that you are set up for problems just using them. Buyer beware.
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 07:33 AM

Booked Fox in Denver via Expedia. Was cheapest rate.Waited 35 mins in line at counter. That was enough for me not to rent there again.But the worst was Denver toll road from airport.No toll collectors,just cameras taking picture of license plates. Each camera posted rate of $2.75. Passed 3 cameras. Expected a charge on credit card of about $9.00. Charge to card was over $24. Fox never warned renters about this Denver scam. Avoid toll road 475 in Denver!
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 08:03 AM

>>

Perhaps you should post this on a separate thread complaining about Denver toll roads, instead of a thread complaining about Fox rent-a-car? This no-tolltaker issue is a problem for all car renters -- anyone without an electronic pass, not just for Fox renters.
Old Sep 9th, 2013, 08:42 AM

Good suggestion, sf. It's not Fox's fault.

You can easily get to I-70 from the airport, going East or West, without any tolls.
Old Apr 28th, 2014, 12:22 PM

I just rented a Fox rental car in L.A. suburb. THE worst experience I've ever had renting a car......Let Me Count the Ways:
~ Waited 25 min for the shuttle. (They claimed 10 min.)
~ Baby Shoe sized car. Marks/dents all over it.
~ THE crappiest customer service coming and going that I have ever experienced.
~ Price WAY too high for what I received.
~ Extended in advance 2 days bcse I didn't have time to return car and pick up another car elsewhere. Charged extra $10./day + taxes etc. on top of the already horrible price. REASON: "I broke the contract!!". REALLY?!

NEVER, EVER, AGAIN.........They should be avoided at all cost.
Old Apr 29th, 2014, 04:02 AM

itsimh, while I understand your frustration, there are a few things I don't understand.

"Baby Shoe sized car". If you got a compact or ecomony I assume that's what you ordered -- or are you saying you paid for a largeer sized car and they didn't honor the contract and gave you one smaller than you paid for?

"I broke the contract" -- well, didn't you? I don't know of any agencies who allow you to change your contract mid way through without all kinds of extra charges. Is that what Fox did?

"Price way too high. . ." Do you mean other companies were offering better deals? If so, I'm curious why you booked with Fox at all. Or are you saying they were the cheapest ones around, but in retrospect you wish you paid more with someone else?