FOX car rental in San Diego

Search

Search this Thread

Old Feb 11th, 2004, 10:07 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looking for low rates and reliable car rental in San Diego in March. FOX car rental offers the lowest price for my visit in March. I never heard of them and it's only in CA. Anyone heard of FOX car rental or used them? Anything would help. Also I booked the Sheraton San Diego & Marina hotel on Harbor Island. Read terrible reviews about the hotel on Tripadvisor.com The hotel is on harbor island and charge $14/day for parking. Anyone stayed at the Sheraton? Is it necessary to rent a car for a week stay? Thx.

Old Feb 11th, 2004, 10:15 AM

The Sheraton is close to the airport and not much else. You can get a nice view of the skyline and the bay from there, and there's a pleasant place to stroll along Harbor Island (right next to the road, though). There are a smattering of restaurants, but ones that locals rarely go to. If you want something more centrally located, I'd look downtown. Another thread active right now talks about deals at the Marriott downtown--the title poses a question about Hotel del Coronado. Also check the Grand Hyatt downtown.
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 10:28 AM

PS Don't know anything about FOX, but it's very difficult to get around San Diego without a car.
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 10:29 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
Yes,you will need a car. I have never heard of Fox rentals.

I'm surprised to hear that the Sheraton has a lot of bad reviews on Tripadvisor. Even though it's right cross the road from the airport, there is no plane noise. You would have to drive to anything, but that's fairly true of anywhere other than hotels in or adjacent to the Gaslamp District where you would have many restaurants, clubs,bars and shopping within walking distance. That also would be true of the "village" area on la Jolla.
Old Feb 11th, 2004, 11:03 AM

I did Fox in San Diego and they were fine. Their lot was a little distance from the airport (but someone picked me up pretty quickly). The car was fine, service was fine, billing was fine. It "looks" a little shady because their office is not comfortable and nice, but I didn't have a problem and couldn't beat the price.