Fort Lauderdale Restaurants

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 06:30 AM
Anthony Cervoni

Fort Lauderdale Restaurants

We are leaving for Fort Lauderdale (actually staying in Dania) next week and we would really like to eat at an outdoor restaurant, or at least by the water, on our first night. Any suggestions? We have been to H2O on A1A before but we would like to try something different this time. Thanks.

P.S. I did read the suggestions about Pier 66 and we are definiely going to try that this time, too!

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 05:04 PM
rudy

Anthony:

Try Coconuts, right on the beach. You can eat outside on the deck, or indoors overlooking the water. There is usually good entertainment inside as well. Also, 15th Street Fisheries has a "Florida" menu and sits right on the water. You can take a water taxi to get there.

Old Jan 3rd, 2001, 05:48 PM
Sam

We always stop @ Charlie's Crab on our
way to Delray Beach from the airport in Miami. Ask for a table outdoors, facing west & watch the sun set.
(PS: Although Charlie's Crab tends to vary from place to place, we have found this one to be consistently good over the years.)

Old Jan 4th, 2001, 01:32 PM
xxxx

Up, Up!

Old Jan 5th, 2001, 06:17 PM
////

What is this 'up! up!'stuff??? Are you
'Anon' on the Carib. bd.??? I think you are very strange & shd. get a life.... You spend waaaaay too much time here.

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 12:03 PM
xxxxxx

ditto

Old Jan 11th, 2001, 07:47 PM
Patrick

Sort of between Hollywood and Dania is Martha's on the Intercoastal. I haven't been there for a while, but it has a great relaxed atmosphere. Bimini Boathouse on 17th Street before you get to Pier 66 is a fun casual, inexpensive inside/outside restaurant and bar. I agree with above that 15th Street Fisheries is also good and a little more "upscale" than Bimini Boathouse.