Go Back  Fodor's Travel Talk Forums > Destinations > United States
Reload this Page >

For those who have stayed at the Westin St Francis...

Search

Search this Thread

Old Nov 30th, 2004, 07:55 AM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

what room type should I request? I have read that some of the rooms are cramped - which are these so I can avoid them? I will be staying at the St Francis for a week and will probably spend a lot of time in my room because I'll have my 11 mo. old with me. My husband is a Starwood Gold member so hopefully the staff will give us an upgrade of some kind.

Thanks for any input!
Old Nov 30th, 2004, 01:04 PM

I haven't stayed at the St. Francis in ages but understand the Tower Rooms are the best. However saying that, I had a relative stay there last year and she is not a fussy person but she was not overly impressed with her room.

Perhaps talking to the hotel directly, explaning your needs would be a good way to go. Do enjoy your visit to SF!
Old Nov 30th, 2004, 02:03 PM

I've only stayed there once in a tower room which was a comfortable size. I redeemed Starpoints for an award stay and was upgraded. I can't remember if I was Gold or Platinum at the time though. I've seen one of their rooms in the non-tower building and it was indeed very cramped. I believe some of them were originally used as servants quarters hence the size difference.
Old Nov 30th, 2004, 02:10 PM
Dan

I like the OLD part of the building as the rooms have more character. They can be smaller, I guess, but I didn't notice this to be an issue. I like the charm of older properties so I avoid the "towers" of the St. Francis, Fairmont, etc.
Old Nov 30th, 2004, 02:20 PM

I have stayed in the older section- but the rooms are small with very high ceilings...

The rooms in the St Francis are nothing fantastic.....make sure your hubs goes on Priceline for the room.
My cousin stayed there and it only cost $75 pn...