Search

For Jayne11159

Search this Thread

Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 12:20 PM
Original Poster

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
For Jayne11159

Hi!

In another discussion you mentioned how waiting for airfares to drop caused you to get seats in the back of the plane. The same thing happened to us too; when I finally was able to make reservations, only the LAST rows were available for my family to sit together.

However, today while checking the seat assignments for my trip (I'm strange that way LOL), I noticed that on the flights to and from Honolulu,seats that further up were now opened. I immediately called AA and changed to these much better seats.

I don't know how United's website works, but you might check to see if any seats have opened up. If so, perhaps you can make a similiar move. My original seats were so bad, seatguru.com had them marked in RED (for bad seats LOL).

Here's hoping you have the same bit of luck I just did!

Cats Do Dance
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 01:20 PM

I have seen a book in the bookstore that is titled something like Cats Do Dance
It is a compilation of photos of a dancer with her cats, who jump around and mimic the dance positions that she does. It is a great book.
What made you choose this screen name?
Scarlett
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 06:42 PM
Original Poster

Scarlett:

My screen name is in honor of one of my favorite animated movies "Cat's Don't Dance". If you have seen the movie, you know they DO dance indeed.

Besides, having a cat of my own, I know one should never assume what a cat can or cannot do <g>.
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 06:48 PM

It is an excellent screen name
Old Jun 2nd, 2004, 09:17 PM

Thanks for the tip Cats! When we booked we tried to upgrade our seats to their economy plus section with our American Express points. Those seats are in rows 6-11 and have 5 more inches of leg room. It's an upgrade from economy but not quite business class. They wouldn't even "let" us pay the regular fair if we were willing (we weren't) because we aren't members of their mileage club! They told us to call the night before our flight and if there were seats open in that section they would "let" us pay the difference (they wouldn't accept our AE points in any case). Gee, how nice of them to "let" us pay $400 more per seat LOL. Oh well, I thought that was pretty arrogant but they had the schedule we needed.

I also checked seat guru when we were looking and fortunately the seats we got were in the "green" section. I choose to torture myself by checking their prices daily to be sure they haven't dropped! Our flight to HI has about 20 seats left and the flight back has only 8! Just proves that lots of people are willing to pay the price to get to paradise!
Old Jun 3rd, 2004, 06:42 AM
Original Poster

Jayne-Glad to know I'm not the only one torturing myself by checking fares almost everyday LOL. But, like you, I'm also not seeing any decrease in fare for my flight times. The fare either goes UP or returns to the prices I purchased tickets at. Oh well. A girl can dream.

On my departure flight to Hawaii, there are 24 seats left/15 of those in first class. For my return flight home, 29 seats are left opened with 15 again being in first. I have a gut feeling the rows that opened up yesterday were someone else's itinerary. I wonder if they played around with their own seats or merely cancelled their trip. Whatever happenend, I'm glad because - while I was happy just to be able to go to Hawaii - I wasn't looking forward to those last row seats!