Fodors, I have a suggestion.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 05:53 AM
Sal

Fodors, I have a suggestion.

In case you're checking in, please notice all the topping exercises under:

"Please include city/state/region name in message title, EVEN if you are picking a state from the "keyword list".

To avoid so much wasted time and space, why don't you add this suggestion to the "Message Title" box?

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 07:01 AM
Meg

That would be a great idea, Sal - but I bet the board would experience cyber riots if Fodor's tried to make any more changes regardless of whether or not the changes improved the quality of postings.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 11:28 AM
ldsant

Another suggestion I have is that the time be set to "regular" rather than "military" times. It's getting more and more difficult to decipher when something was posted (maybe it's just me? ). . .

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 02:31 PM
takes

Good suggestion, Sal. Better yet, perhaps, explain that choosing a state does not place the message in an obvious state category unless a search of past posts is performed.

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 02:47 PM
Sal

I haven't quite figured out how choosing a state category helps. Can anyone shed some light on this?

I agree about the military time. It requires too much thinking and I visit here for fun, not to do math!

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 03:25 PM
cj

How do you get messages to post under a particular country/state? I keep trying and picking the appropriate category in the pull-down menu, but my message just keeps coming up under US General!

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 03:50 PM
paula

I'd like tohave the search function working for a change.....would save me alot of time and trouble....

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 09:34 PM
abc

Great idea. Hey Fodors, are you listening, do you care... hello, hello, is anybody out there.....

Old Jul 9th, 2001, 09:39 PM
Gerry

Nobody's listening. They all got laid off a couple of months ago. Sigh!
That state pull down menu is a confusion to a lot of people. There is only one forum and all posts go to the same list. The only thing the state category selection does is that if you ask for that state in you search postings in that category will come up.