Search

Flying to Naples

Search this Thread

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 10:55 AM
jane

Flying to Naples

Anyone have any tips about flying from NYC to Naples in March? Flights into Naples and Fort Myers seem really high ($350 and up and that is with connections both ways). I know it is high season but there must be an easier way to get there with a decent fare- we are willing to drive up to an hour if there is another airport that is more accessible.
Thanks

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 11:07 AM
Patrick

Since the departure of American Eagle flights into Naples, there is very little opportunity to fly easily into Naples, unless you join the throngs with the private jets. A little more than an hour, maybe an hour and a half, but there seem to be more and more bargain airfares to Ft. Lauderdale. Arrival there and driving straight across I-75 (Alligator Alley) is pretty easy. Worth checking. There are more flights into Ft. Myers, but you are right, there aren't many bargains this time of year. Doesn't Jet Blue now come to Ft. Myers from NYC?

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 11:16 AM
jane

Thanks, I will check out Ft. Lauderdale. Jet blue does come into Ft. Myers from NYC but they are charging $450 and up for a round trip!

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 12:52 PM
garyt

jane - why did you wait so long??? I got $188 round trip in December... during Easter! If you wait any longer, it will be cheaper to take a cab from NYC!!!

Old Jan 28th, 2002, 01:16 PM
x

got a $217.50 price usair website from Ny to Ft Myers...used March 14 to 21 as example.....it`s easy to us and book on...try Orbitz....

Old Jan 29th, 2002, 07:58 AM
margo

Jane,

We are going to Sanibel Island in a few weeks and because of the high cost of flights into Ft Myers, we decided to fly into Tampa. Flights from Detroit were down to $155 round trip. It's a 2 hour drive from Tampa, but we have to rent a car anyway and was well worth the savings. I looked on Orbitz and Travelocity. When I found what I wanted, I then went to airlines web site to book because Orbitz wanted extra $10 per ticket to book. Good Luck!